• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City's pasties

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Remember a few years ago against Canvey Island purchasing a 'burger'just a plain bun no butter and the burger tasted like playdoh!Still taste it now,lost the game to.
You sure that it wasn't just a River Thames floating turd that accidentally flipped up onto your bun, Mike?

Seriously though, Canvey Island away surely had to be the true nadir of our fortunes didn't it. Jeez, the place was smaller even than Dawlish Warren (and less sophisticated too!) ;)

Last edited:

geoffwp

Regardless of where they are made or where the company started, Ivor's are simply the best I have ever tasted. So good in fact that i get my mother-in -law (god bless her and all who sail on her) to post me a couple of frozen Ivor's a month. You cant buy quality up in the midsh*tlands. Pataks pies. fookin shyte

Last edited:

angelic upstart

Geoff, there's an Ivor Dewdneys in Dudley!

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Oggy Oggy pasties are the best in Exeter imo especially if you like lamb and mint in one. They used to deliver to where I worked. It was a thing of beauty

geoffwp

Geoff, there's an Ivor Dewdneys in Dudley!
Top info angelic. I go that way a fair bit.

Leg

Oggy Oggy pasties are the best in Exeter
This. I had one from the new place down St. Martin's Lane a few months ago; was quite nice.

MikeGrecian

used to have a salad roll in The Wells Tavern before k.o and found that normally satisfied my appetite for hours afterwards,don't know if they still 'do' food but i ruddy well hope not.+o(

FAN-TATIC

From what I've heard on Exeweb, you are joking about the Gintsters, right?
Sorry about the delay in responding Mike, been away in Spain, just got back.

Yeah, you're right I was joking, I thought a little 'fishing' might be entertaining.

Whilst in Spain I went into Mercadona Supermarket in Quesada. They had a whole aisle dedicated to British foods like Steak and Kidney pies, Yorkshire Puddings, Black Puddings, Pork Pies and wait for it Cornish Pasties! Passed them all by and called in a 'local's' restaurant for a very delicious Paella.

Last edited:

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
Bit out the way I know, but the beat pasties, full stop, are in a place call tidewell. It's over the tamar bridge, through saltash on the way to liskeard. Little butchers on the main road. Best pasty you will ever find.

Leanord

I have to agree with thsoe who say Ivor Dewdeys. Love thier Steak and stilton pasties!

Plus, wouldn't fancy driving to Liskeard for a pasty, its almost in cornwall!