• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women

Dannyred

Hope Solo is great, like Roy Keane in a nicer looking smily package, utterly devastatingly rude whilst smiling a toothpaste grin.

I think it'll be a good match England/USA, but the ball retention has been poor, Japan were actually the best at it, but didn't have the physicality, they apparently are more interested in winning the Olympics on home soil.

Without going to the ridiculous extent that Dannyred is talking, I do think the club should push the women's team a bit more off this.

It's not just about the team, it's about getting young supporters of all sexes energised in the club and becoming proper City supporters, kids have so many more options then when we did when we were young, we need to try to create a youth base, all with role models, if someone wants to be the next Steph Houghton or EEllen White they should have a decent chance of starting their progression here.

Having said that, I actually think we have done a good job with the team so far, and don't really no what to do next, which is why I have never run for the Trust board. I don't think SJP is doable for the whole season, but if we get a decent cup tie, maybe we should think of a couple of matches.

so err, i dunno, is my contribution, useful as always...
You had a few good points but like our club you don’t quite understand the positives with having the women’s team at SJP as I have mentioned before and as did the king of the jungle HR yesterday on sky sports.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
1971 Women's World Cup in Mexico. Very interesting reports and photos regarding the state of women's football at that time, the incredible amount of interest in the English team from the Mexicans, the aggression of the Mexican and Argentinian players, and the huge crowds.
I posted here because it's of relevance to this thread, which Hants' declared is now a general thread and not just ECFC Women.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/extra/LNoYd7se8m/the-lost-lionesses

Dannyred

Manchester City v Manchester United 7th September at the Etihad Stadium.

Other teams now opening the stadiums for women’s matches, Time that our club announced they are doing the same.

SGF

Manchester City v Manchester United 7th September at the Etihad Stadium.

Other teams now opening the stadiums for women’s matches, Time that our club announced they are doing the same.
"It will be only the second time City's women's team have played at the Etihad". We hosted one last season and, IIRC, I'm pretty sure that we've hosted the women's team at SJP in the past. I also wouldn't bet against it happening again this season.

Andy Holloway

SJP hosted an England Ladies International, i think against France, about 12/13 years ago, i'm sure someone who attended will post a bit more about the game!

Oldsmobile-88

SJP hosted an England Ladies International, i think against France, about 12/13 years ago, i'm sure someone who attended will post a bit more about the game!
Yes,I remember that,around 2005/06.Pretty sure it was a U23 International.

Colesman Ballz

It was a Junior International (U19/21 ?) I believe, and the attendance c. 5000-5500 (aided with a big "push" by Devon FA/Schools FA).

Dannyred

"It will be only the second time City's women's team have played at the Etihad". We hosted one last season and, IIRC, I'm pretty sure that we've hosted the women's team at SJP in the past. I also wouldn't bet against it happening again this season.
Chelsea Women v Spurs Women at Stamford Bridge 8th Sept.

Let’s hope we will announce our support for our women’s team by announcing a game too.

RRRRR

Chelsea Women v Spurs Women at Stamford Bridge 8th Sept.

Let’s hope we will announce our support for our women’s team by announcing a game too.
Is it really that relevant what massive clubs with considerably better pitches than ours are doing? Perhaps look for clubs in similar situations to us that are hosting women's games at their main ground.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it really that relevant what massive clubs with considerably better pitches than ours are doing? Perhaps look for clubs in similar situations to us that are hosting women's games at their main ground.
Indeed. Yeovil ladies used Dorchesters ground last season and will be again next season. They only play the occasional game at huish park. Up until a couple of years ago it didn't hamper their progress. Those games he's mentioned are one offs and won't be there every week.