• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes I do believe it, you won’t engage in debate with us instead ignoring questions posed to you and preferring to trot out the same statements time and again misconstruing and downright making up what people have or haven’t said to support your view.

I and many others have explained our thoughts many times on this and the other thread.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
You and Coleman are not the brightest of posters
That may well be true, Dannyboy but I at least managed to stay in infant school long enough to learn that it's "should HAVE" rather than "should OF", and, also, the oh so subtle differences between "there", "their", and "they're"

Oh, and ps, if Mr Rees-Mogg happens to be reading (in)sincere apologies for repeated use of the "Oxford Comma" in this post. I really shouldn't of done it.

Dannyred

That may well be true, Dannyboy but I at least managed to stay in infant school long enough to learn that it's "should HAVE" rather than "should OF", and, also, the oh so subtle differences between "there", "their", and "they're"

Oh, and ps, if Mr Rees-Mogg happens to be reading (in)sincere apologies for repeated use of the "Oxford Comma" in this post. I really shouldn't of done it.
But you ain’t very bright in women’s football or marketing in football but then neither is city.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
But you ain’t very bright in women’s football or marketing in football but then neither is city.
Enlighten us what are your expertises in football marketing and women's football apart from watching the women's world cup. Also could you let us know your business credentials so that we can take what you say a bit more seriously

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
This article sort of shoots DR's rantings about equality in the club down https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-49151451

Dannyred

This article sort of shoots DR's rantings about equality in the club down https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-49151451
No it doesn’t as the women’s team don’t share SJP with the men’s team.

i8cornwall

Neither do the under 12's.

Going to start lobbying the trust on age issues

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
At least you have moved on from aren't allowed, to share SJP, which again is false as they did play there last year in the cup against Buckland Athletic and probably wil again for a big match.

Before coming back on here bleating equality may I suggest you supply some facts to back up your claims. Facts like what crowds they are getting at the moment, be it at Cullompton and compare that to the recent attendance at SJP in the cup match. Perhaps somehow you could factor in how much this match could have been affectedf by being a cup match difficult I know, also how much the attendance should (not wild speculation) increase if they were to play @ SJP. Also facts about the running costs of putting on a match at SJP and what size crowd is needed to break even for a match. Perhaps to support your claims you could find a national study on the probable growth rate of women's football in this country (not America or France but the UK) over the next five years.

Also you may want to take into account the players opinions and views, it has already been mentioned that the team are quite happy playing at Cullompton. Have you ever thought that they really are and that they don't want to play in an empty stadium where the sound echoes and they would probably spend more time chasing about the stands retrieving the ball than playing.

Exeter City football club is a business and as it is trust run all of us members would hate to think that it is missing out on a profitable opportunity to make money, to support it's other community based projects and the teams so it would be interesting to read the FACTS that we are overlooking

Don't try speculation on the back of the women's world cup because basically that was the elite in the sport and to be perfectly frank was not very good, with too many missed passes and loose balls bouncing around. And probably now that it is over I doubt many people can remember more than five of the England squad

Dannyred

Neither do the under 12's.

Going to start lobbying the trust on age issues
Simple answer to that if the u12 players work hard and make it to the first team they Will play at SJP If they are Males.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Simple answer to that if the u12 players work hard and make it to the first team they Will play at SJP If they are Males.
But most of them won't, hard work is only a necessary not a sufficient condition for playing for ECFC.

And by the time they are good enough to play at SJP women may too, if the standard of, and support for, the women's game increases as many predict. Also the pitch is likely to be a more hard-wearing one which will be able to accommodate more games per season without deteriorating, pitch technology and grass quality is improving all the time.