• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2023/24

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I sort of get the reason that they might prefer to play at Exwick, but in the "Grand Scheme of Things" it does waste an opportunity to lift the profile and status of the team with a really well attended fixture at SJP.
Win the league at Exwick (fingers crossed).
Start next season at a level higher with a showpiece game at SJP...

tom_ecfc

If the women would prefer to play it at Exwick to gain some kind of advantage that's up to them, but it would be a shame to limit the crowd to a couple of hundred :unsure:.
Would you prefer in years to come Exeter City won the Champions League at Wembley in front of 90,000 fans or The New Lawn in front of 2,000 fans with no meat pasties? A trophy is a trophy in my eyes! History makers (on the pitch) and promotion are the main objectives for the Women’s team this season.

tom_ecfc

Win the league at Exwick (fingers crossed).
Start next season at a level higher with a showpiece game at SJP...
Didn’t JT say they were looking at investing into the pitch so the Women’s and Men’s side could play EVERY home game at SJP? including some youth games?

Spoonz Red E

Didn’t JT say they were looking at investing into the pitch so the Women’s and Men’s side could play EVERY home game at SJP? including some youth games?
I haven't seen that but interesting if so.
I think there's a to and fro going on about options - upgrading Exwick Hub, King George playing fields, Cliff Hill etc.

It would be great to think there's a path being explored to have the Women and Youth playing at SJP more.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
1-0 up. Amber pollock.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
2-0. Zoe cunningham.

Bridgy 81

As far as I can see Bournemouth are 0:1 down to Keynsham at the start of the second half in front of over 6,000 at the Vitality Stadium.

manc grecian

1-1 in the Bournemouth game

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
3-0. Connie pengelly penalty.