• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2020/21 Season

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting that we are looking to try and set up a third team with the interest being shown by players - dependent on the development team being promoted, from what I understand from the Grecian Groups meeting report

The fate of the second team's season is still undecided. They have had an excellent season up until it stopped and the hope is that promotion can be achieved in order to establish a third team. Julian added further to this, explaining that the ambition to establish a third team is to ensure there is progression and stressed that the women's team is a very important part of the Club.

And that they are looking to pay players which should be welcome as well well done theTrust/club, if only Danny red were around (not)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting that we are looking to try and set up a third team with the interest being shown by players - dependent on the development team being promoted, from what I understand from the Grecian Groups meeting report

The fate of the second team's season is still undecided. They have had an excellent season up until it stopped and the hope is that promotion can be achieved in order to establish a third team. Julian added further to this, explaining that the ambition to establish a third team is to ensure there is progression and stressed that the women's team is a very important part of the Club.

And that they are looking to pay players which should be welcome as well well done theTrust/club, if only Danny red were around (not)
Although it didn't meet the approval of all on here, I do think the club are taking the sensible approach of gradually building up and developing the women's teams. Hopefully once the pitch is sorted out they will have the chance to play a game or two at the Park next season.

Last edited:

JulenBeer

As @grecian-near-hell has pointed out, a lot of updates on the Women's team were given at the Grecian Groups meeting on Monday. There are also ambitions to expand the Development Centre to cover more age groups.

The report from the Grecian Groups meeting for anyone who hasn't seen it (the Women's updates are at the bottom):

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Planning for next season has started

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Development side start their Devon Supplementary Cup run at home to Seaton on April 24th. Still no news as to what is happening on the league front yet. Currently sat outside a first team meeting that Chloe is attending.

grecIAN Harris

The Devon County League has now been curtailed. From what I gather, there are friendlies being arranged for the Development side aswell as the Devon Supplementary Cup. I find it a little strange that the cup is still going ahead but the league ended.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

StroudGrecian

For God's sake get a photo of her in a decent top.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
👀 👀 📝