• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2019/20 Season

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would just say to Danny that i don't think anyone really disagrees with the sentiment of what you're saying as in an ideal world the women would play at SJP. What people do have a problem with though is the practicalities and realities of it. There isn't some anti-women's team agenda, it's just where we are in the development of the women's side and until it's a viable option it's unlikely to happen except occasionally as with the Buckland Athletic match.

Not that i can speak for anyone but myself, of course.

Colesman Ballz

What did you do for the women’s team when you were on the trust board?
Wrong question, you should be asking what YOU can do to HELP the development of the Women's game at Exeter City.

As for me then broaden the question out to what I have done for women's sport in general. The answer is heaps. My sport that I played was basketball and the women's game was again woefully neglected, it was always about pathways. Unless you attended one of the minority of schools that focused on basketball rather than netball, it was tough to break through in the senior game. So I decided to do something about it after I qualified as a coach and duly set up a club to meet the aspirations of those who sought to go further than playing at a purely recreational level. We entered the bottom division of the local league and after 3 seasons had been promoted through the divisions and accepted into the National League, and after another four years finally attained our place at the top table, competing in the First Division. During the season that is two nights training plus usually a local fixture during the week, then at,the weekends National Competition. In the summer months there would be the organising of trips to Europe to play in tournaments, one session a week and summer league games.

Add in the constant fund raising ,serving on the local women's league and area association, and even the EBBA women's development group. There's loads more of course, but I won't bore you with all the details. So when you querried a post which I made about costs previously, I do actually have more than a vague clue !

Now it's up to you basically, if you want to get involved or not. But if the latter that's absolutely fine, however if you then continue to berate those who do get stuck in you portray yourself as being simply either a troll, or a sad old barsteward with some ancient axe to grind.

IndoMike

Us ?

I am hearing that the women’s team will play all matches at the Madejski if the leagues can fit the fixtures so it’s possible.
Other posts around this post are more important than mine, but the fact that you
won't reply to my post, which I repeat below, highlights your problem.You make unsubstantiated claims, categorize anyone who disagrees with you as sexist, make up your own facts, and still haven't explained what it is you do exactly to support the women's team (I have a feeling you might be a player or related to one). When people point out your inaccuracies you then disappear
AFAIC you have said very little to enhance your credibility.
And I repeat ,

"You were pedantic enough to question my use of "probably" , so I'm going to return the favour

Your post a couple of pages back,"
"Reading Football Club have announced that their Women’s team will play All their WSL matches next season at the Madejski Stadium"

Your post above
"It's possible".

So it's not true that Reading has announced that their Women's team will play all their matched at the Madejski, is it?!

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t think some on here know what girls go through for just wanting to play football.

As a fans owned club we should be doing a lot more for the future of young girls who could go on to big things in the game which would be great for the whole football club.
I'd agree. If we are able to, we should be. We have walking football, seniors football, disability football so girls football should be an achievable extension of our reach.

To me this a much more worthwhile drum to bang, than the women's team playing at SJP, which makes no sense financially or to the well-being of the pitch given its history and importance to the 1XI.

grecIAN Harris

Not been there for awhile but Heavitree Utd seems a similar ground.
If the Wingfield Park playing surface is as bad as it used to be, you wouldn't want your Sunday League reserve team playing there let alone City Women.

i8cornwall

How do fans get there who don’t have a car ?
The same problem for Man Utd & Reading fans I have heard from who cannot get to games as the public transport doesn’t allow it.
Apart from the trains and trams in greater Manchester, you mean? Far easier to get around that area then most places in the country.

i8cornwall

Us ?

I am hearing that the women’s team will play all matches at the Madejski if the leagues can fit the fixtures so it’s possible.
Nothing has been announced and it’s a case of some games not all of them from the few articles I read today.

I imagine Reading first team and London Irish will be playing there most weekends.

iscalad

Nothing has been announced and it’s a case of some games not all of them from the few articles I read today.

I imagine Reading first team and London Irish will be playing there most weekends.
London Irish will be playing at Brentford's new stadium, I believe.

Rosencrantz

London Irish will be playing at Brentford's new stadium, I believe.
That's what has freed up some additional availability at the stadium.

Dannyred

I'd agree. If we are able to, we should be. We have walking football, seniors football, disability football so girls football should be an achievable extension of our reach.

To me this a much more worthwhile drum to bang, than the women's team playing at SJP, which makes no sense financially or to the well-being of the pitch given its history and importance to the 1XI.
Yes and No, what has girls got to aim for compared to boys, Don’t think making it to the first team and playing at cullompton is right.

As I have said the club are doing things for girls playing but not enough, We invested in the boys we need to invest in girls football and make Exeter City the club to be joining.