• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2019/20 Season

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Read post #751 and try to understand what is said from someone else.

Should heads roll from those on the board about the pitch ?
I've read all the posts before : surprisingly I understand them well - must be because they're in English. If they were in Polish, I'd have a problem. Yours always say the same thing : your copy/paste buttons must be getting worn.
If the problem about the pitch was caused by faulty installation then imo the club should certainly have asked for it to be laid again, but there might be other subsurface reasons as to why it deteriorates so badly.
Also you get what you pay for. We don't have much money, which is why we can't pour a lot of money into the women's team.
Women throughout the different football leagues are aware that Covid19 might have a negative impact on their financing.
Women's sport will always take a back seat to men's. What would you prefer to watch : a Federer -Djokovic 5- set thriller or a 2-set
walkover at Wimbledon, or England v Wales (men) rugby match or the women's equivalent!?
Why aren't you more angry with women? Why don't they support women's sports more? I see thousands of women attending men's sports : I don't see the same at women's sports.

IndoMike

Why don’t you set up another group for the club ?
Why don't you?

IndoMike

Perhaps i8 you can help Dannyred to use his obvious skills and help him liaise with the club about his thoughts on the women's game and he can tell them where they're going wrong? Just a thought
Danny expends all.his time and energy reposting on here. Every time he is challenged to do something for the sport he claims to love so much he avoids the question or obfuscates.
As far as I can see he does absolutely nothing for women's football apart from turning people off it.
Think he should nominate someone else to represent women's football on Exeweb : someone with better arguments, who can engage us more effectively, who has practical ideas, and someone who has an action plan. How can we support Danny when he has no serious proposals and won't even ask for a meeting with the club.

Colesman Ballz

I've read all the posts before : surprisingly I understand them well - must be because they're in English. If they were in Polish, I'd have a problem. Yours always say the same thing : your copy/paste buttons must be getting worn.
If the problem about the pitch was caused by faulty installation then imo the club should certainly have asked for it to be laid again, but there might be other subsurface reasons as to why it deteriorates so badly.
Also you get what you pay for. We don't have much money, which is why we can't pour a lot of money into the women's team.
Women throughout the different football leagues are aware that Covid19 might have a negative impact on their financing.
Women's sport will always take a back seat to men's. What would you prefer to watch : a Federer -Djokovic 5- set thriller or a 2-set
walkover at Wimbledon, or England v Wales (men) rugby match or the women's equivalent!?
Why aren't you more angry with women? Why don't they support women's sports more? I see thousands of women attending men's sports : I don't see the same at women's sports.

I am afraid that you seem to have missed the point here Indo, the only thing that he is interested in doing is acting like the proverbial "big girl's blouse" in order to troll the Club/Trust. Anything else is a total anathma to him ! 🤡 :ROFLMAO:🤡

IndoMike

I am afraid that you seem to have missed the point here Indo, the only thing that he is interested in doing is acting like the proverbial "big girl's blouse" in order to troll the Club/Trust. Anything else is a total anathma to him ! 🤡 :ROFLMAO:🤡
Why would he want to do that?

budegrecian

Is a fair point. My wife watches tennis but only the men's game.
Before the season abruptly ended, there was mention of Exeter City Ladies over the tannoy. I asked a couple of the ladies that regularly stand next to me, with their husbands, on the BB, if they were interested in the ladies game. They looked at me as if I was totally mad.

Dannyred

Remind me again what you did when you were on the trust board to move the club forward ?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Remind me again what you did when you were on the trust board to move the club forward ?
But surely this isn't the topic under discussion ? This is the Exeter City Women's thread.
And tbh I don't care if CB went out and bought a packet of Jammie Dodgers for a Trust meeting , No offence CB by the way but you get what I'm saying.

Colesman Ballz

Why would he want to do that?
Just from"Reading between the lines" of some of Spanky's old posts, it may possibly have to do with the Brazil trip,, Who knows, your guess is as good as mine ?Maybe the Club turned down some deluded business proposition that he thought he could make himself millions with ? That theory maybe totally wrong and without foundation however. He seemed to be "having it in for" Taggy in a big way too, until he was given a gentle reminder of the laws of libel !

Dannyred

Who were the 1.8 Billion watching the women’s World Cup,
A women’s player has just signed a €1 Million deal with Nike today, others are getting good deals and sponsors are coming into women’s football so it’s definitely going in the right direction you just don’t see it.