• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Vs Walsall Matchday Thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Seymour was playing as a 21 year old for any other League 2 side their fans would be unimpressed. Robbie Simpson levels in terms of goal threat.

Rosencrantz

Seymour alone of the front four in the second half looked bright and did his job. He held the ball up well, brought others into play and then looked to get in the box. Apart from the cross from MJ that he couldn't quite get to (probably a stooping header would have been a better choice) after a smart bit of movement to peel around the defender, there was not much into the area to work with.

I thought Jake did ok tonight but it does seem to be an ongoing substitution lately, possibly wary off his hamstring a bit too much now. Collins has played a lot of minutes this season (probably the most) and tonight was quiet. He looks like he could do with a rest. I wouldn't mind seeing the midfield given a full back like rotation for a bit and give Kite a go to give a new kick of energy to the side.

If Seymour was playing as a 21 year old for any other League 2 side their fans would be unimpressed. Robbie Simpson levels in terms of goal threat.
Robbie Simpson-that’s harsh that 😂 get your point though

grecIAN Harris

It will be interesting to see what happens on Saturday. Bowman will be straight back in but the question will be whether it's instead of Seymour or to play along side Seymour? Now Seymour has had a run of reasonably long appearances I would be interested to see how he would fare beside Bowman when Bowman is going to take the battle away from Ben and he can concentrate on being mobile instead of doing all the donkey work of being the sole target up front..

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Robbie Simpson-that’s harsh that 😂 get your point though
Ok then, John Oflynn

Our senior players horribly under perform.
And the ‘academy’, ‘one of our own don’t’? Very blinkered opinion.

STURTZ

Tragedy is that if we had managed to fluke a goal, our manager would be a genius, our players would all be wonderfull and the pitch would be a credit to Chas and the boys!

Let’s be honest here Atangana is finished..pointless bringing him on. I don’t think we will make the Autos now...and I can’t be arsed with another Play off heartbreak..Let’s get Kite and Dyer starting and semi build for next season, instead of playing deadwood like Fisher, Mcardle, Fisher.

STURTZ

Let’s be honest here Atangana is finished..pointless bringing him on. I don’t think we will make the Autos now...and I can’t be arsed with another Play off heartbreak..Let’s get Kite and Dyer starting and semi build for next season, instead of playing deadwood like Fisher, Mcardle, Fisher.
I agree, and get Sonny Cox and Jack Veale up front, think how great it would be next season to start with an entirely home grown team!

I agree, and get Sonny Cox and Jack Veale up front, think how great it would be next season to start with an entirely home grown team!
Thing is we could do that and probably be in the same position...imagine the wages we could save getting rid of all the crap...who let’s be honest have failed so far.