• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Stevenage Match Day Thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another one taking it just a little bit too seriously..........🤨
Its not, you're bringing it up every time we play and derailing any chat about the actual game

Have your medal 🏅 for working out this is a very decent side

arthur

A notable difference today (when I didn't think that we played particularly well) as opposed to last season, was even with the injuries the squad is carrying, the potential strength off the bench. Last sea son, if Ryan Bowman wasn't firing, he alternatives were thin on the ground. This season is different. Just a thought.
A thought I had as well - the bench was entirely staffed by first team players ( bar Scott Brown). I can't recall this happening before

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of the worst referees seen at the park this season. Missed handballs, inconsistent - why was Key booked for standing his ground but their player didn't get anything for taking Sparkes legs away, and got so many decisions wrong, it was embarrassing. Poor Zanzala, no wonder he was knackered at the end, been pushed, pulled and his shirt nearly taken off with no protection from the ref
And not penalising Christy for picking up a back pass near the end

Antony Moxey

The commentators didn’t think it was deliberate. He accidentally touched the ball as he was getting up. I thought a back pass also, but when the ball is pinging round the box and you clear it from immediate danger and the goalie picks it up is that a back pass? Benefit of the doubt and all that...
Yet when the ball flicked up off Josh Key’s thigh onto his arm the ref had no hesitation in awarding a free kick for hand ball. Fair enough you might say, but you can’t apply different standards on whether it’s in the box or not.

PeteUSA

youtube highlights:

Antony Moxey

That first goal gets better every time you see it. Who doesn’t love a defender’s bullet header? Magnificent.

geoffwp

Can someone please remind me, who was it on here that posted back in February that we are going to win the league? 😊

scottus86

Second goal looks ok to me, if anything their defender backs into Stubbs.

fred binneys head

We're going to win the League. ;) 🏆
We haven’t won it yet, we’re still 4 points off top having played a game more - wind your neck in and give Max his medal back.

lamrobhero

I enjoyed the game very much. Our current position adds a tension and a drama not normally present. The current team is not one that is going to fold like previous ones. I think Zanzala does OK. Would I swap Jake Taylor for any of our current midfielders? Definitely not. Maybe he realised he that wouldn't get into our team and started fouling and mouthing off as a consequence.