• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Portsmouth Matchday Thread (Friday 29th December)

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sweeney is a better right back than Aimson
And his crossing is just SO much better.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd forgotten how annoying that bell is

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought the best chance City had was Chieck from the corner, he should have done a lot better.
Thought coxs toe poke was actually a better opp.

grecIAN Harris

We've been generally solid and are slowly working our way into the game. This has reduced Pompey into knocking it long rather aimlessly. They had started the game looking like we could have a long night.

Avening Posse

Look much more organised today, and everybody appears to know what is required of them in terms of positioning. Rankine could really be something if he is prepared to take on his man a bit more. Green shoots and all that.

arthur

And his crossing is just SO much better.
That's why he's better...

Albumen

I thought Aitchison has been our best player. His work rate!!! Gets a lot of stick, I like him.

Carroll looks great - most of our players playing very well. Portsmouth don’t look much kop, but we have to take credit for that. We’ve looked sharp and ‘on it’.

Rankin is incredibly frustrating… so much pace and skill but just makes poor decisions. That said, I’m glad he’s on our team. Opposition have no idea what he’s doing next.

Sinisalo and Diabate both mammoth.

Cox should have done better with his big chance.

Come on city.

rustle

Cox was pretty close to the keeper and with the speed the ball came to him it was tricky to direct it to one side.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Look much more organised today, and everybody appears to know what is required of them in terms of positioning. Rankine could really be something if he is prepared to take on his man a bit more. Green shoots and all that.
Think Rankine could do with receiving the ball from a better pass. Niskanen got him in once, but there was 3 or 4 times it was on and the pass was just not quite right... got the ball to him facing a well set defence when the right ball could've helped him a lot more

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cox was pretty close to the keeper and with the speed the ball came to him it was tricky to direct it to one side.
Better to focus on him getting the chances, I would say. Hopefully he gets another one second half.