• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Vs Port Vale Sept 19th Match Day Thread

budegrecian

Overall we weren't that bad.
Back 4 were fine. Ward's positioning for the 1st goal was poor though.
MF was much better when Nicky Law came on. Collins, Attangana & Taylor not as good as I would hope for though.
Created some good chances late on & Seymour got into some excellent positions & should have converted but that will come.
No issues with any of the youngsters.
I'm fairly certain what MT will say about the ref!

doha20

Stop talking ********. The PV player clearly is holding on to his foot, he can't do anything else.

Wait, are you a vale WUM?
Yes I am Vale, hoping to have a reasonable discussion. I'm not on a wind up.

Bowman clearly deliberately took a step back to stamp on Legge who then and only then grabbed hold of his ankle. I will upload a zoomed in and frame by frame video if you want. It's a red mate.

Exeter played some very nice slick stuff. Nice triangles at times, lesser sides than Vale will come undone big time against that sort of play as the season progresses. The difference was Askey got his tactics and shape spot on and the midfield belonged to Vale, although that went to waste for large spells as it was bypassed in favour of long balls to Cullen, I hate it when we resort to that tripe. Not sure how Seymour missed that sitter. Thought the ref was very trigger happy but it was a scrappy, intense match, surprised there weren't more bookings.

Albumen

No different to loads of other league two players. Inconsistency isn't restricted to younger players.
The difference is hope. If someone’s inconsistent they probably belong in league two. We’ve seen plenty of them.
The hope is that our youngsters will kick on and become consistent, and move up the ladder. Ideally with Exeter.
It’s actually probably the only positive of playing behind closed doors- the crowd can’t get on top of the Younger boys.

ryancooper327

The difference in that game was their midfield imposed themselves on the game, the quality of their free kick compared to ours and the biggest one, probably their keeper making some top saves whereas ours could only do the basics.
I can’t count the amount of times (and seasons) I’ve said were poor in the centre of the pitch. So many times I’ve stood on the bank seeing us get bossed in the middle! Anyway. A load more games to go, unbeaten for the rest of of the season

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nicky Ajose is the answer.
What was the question?

IndoMike

We've paid dearly for bringing in Ajose. He had done nothing for 3 years and had serious injury problems. It was a big risk if it's true that he is on a big salary. Bowman can't function as a lone striker in the way that Stockley could yet he has no partner.
We also don't have a tough tackling midfielder a la Danny Bailey, so teams tend to run through our midfield. We've got some technically good players but not much strength or power.
Having said that our young 'uns seem to be doing well and I would stick with them. It's still early days. And Salford and Vale are both rated pretty highly for Div 2 so it's not a huge surprise we couldn't beat either.
Let's see how we do against some of the less favoured teams.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
What was the question?
Who is stealing a wage?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see Harry Kewell is weaving his magic at Oldham, 2 defeats out of 2.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pierce Sweeney has just opened a can of Guinness.

Antony Moxey

I thought we did quite well considering we only had nine players on the pitch right from kick off, you have to wonder just poor Bowman and Taylor have to get before Taylor fields some proper footballers instead.