• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Peterborough Utd. Match day thread.

Memphis09

Yer what? They were both little petit trips. More or less identical challenges. The second one the ref will usually say one more and you're off but not tonight.
Sorry both were bookable for once the ref got it right

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definitely not a soft red
You chop a player down for the second time in the game you deserve to go
Agreed, Harper had that guy on toast, the 1st time that he beat him he chopped him down, the second time he pulled him back and got his first yellow. The third time, he chopped him down gain earning himself the second yellow. All perfectly deserved. Posh should have had Knight sent off too and been down to 9 after he floored Rankine from behind with a dangerous tackle near the end.

Memphis09

But they didn't. Peterborough carved us open 3 or 4 times at the start of the 2nd half.

No red card = 3-0 defeat. Nothing to do with Caldwell or spirit or boos.
What rubbish it was a red card we won the manager changed the team took Aimless off brought Sweeney on different team
Pleased be satisfied for once we won

manc grecian

Sorry both were bookable for once the ref got it right
I didn't say they weren't. I was disagreeing with the person who said the 2nd was a straight red and that the refs usually air on the side of leniency when it's two challenges in nothing areas of the pitch.

JGrecian23

What rubbish it was a red card we won the manager changed the team took Aimless off brought Sweeney on different team
Pleased be satisfied for once we won
We were playing against 10 men instead of 11. Of course it was a different team.

manc grecian

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but Harris has to be better than we’ve seen so far, yes?!

Looks to me like he’s too concerned about getting on the scoresheet and, as a result, is messin‘ up the basics.
I expect like most our forward players they would benefit from getting the ball a bit quicker.

Memphis09

Agreed, Harper had that guy on toast, the 1st time that he beat him he chopped him down, the second time he pulled him back and got his first yellow. The third time, he chopped him down gain earning himself the second yellow. All perfectly deserved. Posh should have had Knight sent off too and been down to 9 after he floored Rankine from behind with a dangerous tackle near the end.
A
I didn't say they weren't. I was disagreeing with the person who said the 2nd was a straight red and that the refs usually air on the side of leniency when it's two challenges in nothing areas of the pitch.
Ok sorry

Memphis09

We were playing against 10 men instead of 11. Of course it was a different team.
It’s often harder to play against 10 for some reason
Think the changes made the difference that’s all

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I expect like most our forward players they would benefit from getting the ball a bit quicker.
Entirely conceivable. That said, Cole put him in on goal with a sublime ball midway through the second half and he all but fell over the ball.

Exehausted

Harper was excellent 2nd half!!
Harper was very good in the first half. Tackled back well and broke well on several occasions.