• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Luton - EFL Cup - match day thread.

dontpassback

I really enjoyed our coverage on BBC Plymouth Spotlight this morning...

Not a single mention..
What else do you expect from nasty cornplaster and co ?

cambmike

Late to the the personal match summary party, thought we looked excellent out of possession last night with our shape and asked questions of Luton when we did have the ball. Carroll makes football look unbelievably easy. Pace of our wingers is exciting. Hartridge was colossal, but the whole back line looked solid. Big bank was rocking. Bring on anyone in the next round, we're winning the lot.
Don't want to rain on our parade but looking at the extended highlights Tom Carroll made some misplaced passes

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had just turned 9 and was on the BB, just as I was tonight.
Still living the dream.
I was also a naive 9 and remember asking my Dad (RIP) why John Newman had just kicked a free kick down Oxford Road rather than shooting - he said "To waste time getting ball back" !
Looks like City we're early game managers too.
UTC

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
What stopped you from going to the Bolton and Leicester games, Isca? 😉
Clip round the ear from my stick on Saturday for you young man.....

yticretexe

Full match replay is on iFollow for anyone who wasn’t able to go last night and would like to watch.

TotnesGrecian

vlog from a Luton perspective

TotnesGrecian

The Big Bank in that VLOG looks unreal, a bit bias but genuinely one of the best stands/terraces in English football

MJP-SJP

Don't want to rain on our parade but looking at the extended highlights Tom Carroll made some misplaced passes
Couple of minutes after I originally posted I also watched the extended highlights and noticed this too. Although from being at the game, I think the highlights did him a bit dirty to be honest as his overall ability to keep us ticking all game in the middle of the park was a major factor in us going on to win the game. Was miles better than the highlights may suggest.

wiveygrecian

Couple of minutes after I originally posted I also watched the extended highlights and noticed this too. Although from being at the game, I think the highlights did him a bit dirty to be honest as his overall ability to keep us ticking all game in the middle of the park was a major factor in us going on to win the game. Was miles better than the highlights may suggest.
He made a couple of brilliant sliding challenges to regain possession too. Not the type of challenge you expect from him. Brilliant signing for us

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can recall him losing the ball twice but he saw so much of the ball that his stats I'm sure would still look excellent