• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Luton - EFL Cup - match day thread.

tonykellowfan

I bet Pym is loving winning that penalty shootout lol!

sign of the chimes

I bet Pym is loving winning that penalty shootout lol!
Yeah, particularly given Ferguson is back in their dugout now. He certainly seemed quite pleased watching his reaction on Sky Sports News.

How did Fitzwater play? Can’t imagine GC is changing that defence for Saturday after tonight

Apologies if it's already mentioned earlier in the thread but when was the last time we beat a top flight team? Leicester in 1981? That was slightly before my time as I didn't start watching City until about 1984. I can remember losing narrowly to Everton in 1985 (and drawing with them in about 1999 and losing the replay),: losing to Norwich in a replay in 1990,:the United games, the Liverpool games (including a draw), Charlton away,Hull at home and Villa at home but despite a couple of draws and some narrow defeats I can't remember a win off the top of my head.

Mid Devon Grecian

How did Fitzwater play? Can’t imagine GC is changing that defence for Saturday after tonight
Very good. Looks solid. While defensive unit looked strong tonight. Sweenz might struggle to get back in after that display.

Bridgy 81

I think I’m right in saying that tonight is the first time that we’ve beaten a team from the Premier League.

I think I’m right in saying that tonight is the first time that we’ve beaten a team from the Premier League.
Noting if course that football did exist before August 1992!!!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was my MOM.Very cool and calm.

Bridgy 81

Noting if course that football did exist before August 1992!!!
I know.
That’s why I said Premier League.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well what a night, as the song goes. Longest 7 minutes of the season with the added time. The defence was immense. The whole team put in a massive effort to win the game.

Wonderful stuff. UTC.