• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Lincoln City MDT 01/09/18

dontpassback

Poor performance from everyone in stripes,the ref was very poor and Lincoln as per Wycombe exploited everything to kill the game,akindes subbing was a total joke,Lincoln are a good side,but would I watch them every week,not a chance in hell,their players are a reflection of the Crowley brothers,total a###holes !

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparently Lincoln have applied to the EFL for emergency loan signings due to their horrendous injury crisis that occurred today.

STURTZ

Poor performance from everyone in stripes,the ref was very poor and Lincoln as per Wycombe exploited everything to kill the game,akindes subbing was a total joke,Lincoln are a good side,but would I watch them every week,not a chance in hell,their players are a reflection of the Crowley brothers,total a###holes !
I don't suppose their supporters will be too upset on their triumphant journey back to Lincoln.

Last edited:

Positive spin

City were well and truly beaten by a better team today.
Lincoln have made some good signings to build on the decent team they had last season. At times they played some classy football with a high tempo pressing game that City seemed to have little idea how to break them down.
Not only did Lincoln get one over a City they also did the same to the match officials. As with last season the Lincoln management and players continued to harangue the officials and try to con them. The City Physio didn't,t come on once but the Lincoln one came on 6 times for their players rolling around in agony only to get up and run around like spring chickens.
Why don,t Lincoln just try and concentrate on playing the football they are clearly capable of. People might respect them then.
LINCOLN THE NEW WYCOMBE

Topsham Boy

A few more heading to Sandy Park after that performance.

PeteUSA

....the ref was very poor and Lincoln as per Wycombe exploited everything to kill the game.
I dont think there was a lot wrong with the referees decision making. I did think his method of commanding the game was dreadful, and he walked throughout the game whenever he could. He also took a ridiculous amount of time administering cards and giving players 'talking too's. I would think the accessor would only give him 6 from 10, with the recommendation that he keeps up with the game in an acceptable fashion and takes firmer control. He spoiled the game in many ways with his lethargy.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Stockley 'disappointed'

[video=youtube;p9FBmQGCp4Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9FBmQGCp4Y[/video]

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Matt Taylor "hopefully a blip"

[video=youtube;Ral3UjJcJ2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ral3UjJcJ2w[/video]

Stelios

The injury to Forte seems to have completely messed us up. Barely any chances have been created since. A shaky defence, a poor midfield and no goals. I wouldn't say I'm panicking (we lost heavily to Notts County and Luton at home last year) but we have problems all over. We concede goals and we don't create chances. Not a good mix!

Taylor talks a good game and says all the right things. He now has to prove it. Loads of games left, loads of points up for grabs. No point feeling sorry for ourselves.

Mr.Sparkle

4 minutes added.
Should of been 45 mins added.