• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Ipswich Town match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_ecfc

Could have got another 15 people in the immediate vicinity of where I was standing.

This has always been the issue with the Bank. Everyone wants to be right behind the goal.
I think lots of the young fans pack in like sardines top, middle section and then the outer wings feel less populated. If everyone was to stand in regimental lines that would be the figure the health and safety will be basing this on. Also, amount of fire exits etc etc.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would have thought that by now the club would have been able to spot patterns of demand. A simple one that’s overlooked season after season is in the bars in the SJC at full time: there are huge queues for drinks and the two or three staff working struggle massively to keep up with demand. What’s so difficult in ten minutes before FT rounding up everyone available who’s not doing something time critical and get them in the bars pre-pouring pints? Once that initial rush is over go back to doing whatever you were doing.

Same with waiting for food to warm up - start it earlier. Jesus, it’s not rocket surgery is it?
The problem with the SJC Ant is that it’s not fit for purpose as I’m sure you realise. Bar in the wrong place, bar too small, plus loads of other things. It was I believe going to be addressed at the end of last season but a lot of extra money was required for the training ground.
At the end of the day it’s priorities & a limited amount of money. The club do listen, as we saw with a new all singing scoreboard that many wanted on Facebook & this forum, which no doubt cost well north of the figure banded about.
Just my opinion but the scoreboard expenditure may have been better spent on sorting out the SJC. That place will make a lot more revenue in the short & long run if it was completely revamped.

DPR1901

It would be a huge mistake to make assumptions about the future in terms of what we can sustain in terms of attendances
Ant - All business investment decisions are made based on projected future returns (ie assumptions). I think the 'huge mistake' would be to stagnate rather than explore all options to increase ground capacity.

By the way - you probably don't realise this but we're old friends. We went to Newcastle together from Sheffield for the FA Cup 5th round in 1981. I'll never forget that trip and I'm sure you won't either!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
The problem with the SJC Ant is that it’s not fit for purpose as I’m sure you realise. Bar in the wrong place, bar too small, plus loads of other things. It was I believe going to be addressed at the end of last season but a lot of extra money was required for the training ground.
At the end of the day it’s priorities & a limited amount of money. The club do listen, as we saw with a new all singing scoreboard that many wanted on Facebook & this forum, which no doubt cost well north of the figure banded about.
Just my opinion but the scoreboard expenditure may have been better spent on sorting out the SJC. That place will make a lot more revenue in the short & long run if it was completely revamped.
I tend to agree with you, but I expect the capital requirements for a proper bar overhaul will be much higher than the scoreboard given that to make meaningful change, you will need to make structural changes to the building and invest in new tech. I think the bsr is next in the list of capital projects on the list. Fingers crossed a cup run will help with that.

Antony Moxey

That’s all well and good but pre-poured pints waiting for the full time rush would go a long way to easing queues and making life easier for the overworked bar staff. It’s not difficult to do the simple and obvious things.

Oldsmobile-88

I tend to agree with you, but I expect the capital requirements for a proper bar overhaul will be much higher than the scoreboard given that to make meaningful change, you will need to make structural changes to the building and invest in new tech. I think the bsr is next in the list of capital projects on the list. Fingers crossed a cup run will help with that.
I would imagine a new entrance on St James Rd would be on the agenda.

Oldsmobile-88

That’s all well and good but pre-poured pints waiting for the full time rush would go a long way to easing queues and making life easier for the overworked bar staff. It’s not difficult to do the simple and obvious things.
Pints are pre poured for HT on the Jungle Path Bar.

Guaranteed that a load of pints pre poured then the punters all want bottles drinks 😁

Memphis09

In the Selco the gap between the City and Ipswich supporters accounted for at least 150 seats. About 20 seats lost at the camera point in the Selco. About 60 seats unsold around the camera in the Stagecoach. A little terrace lost to the camera on the BB and there were empty seats across both Grandstands. Exiting the BB was painfully slow even with the reduced capacity. But keep having a dig if it makes you happy.
I am not happy because in my opinion the club are not making the most of the supposed sell out games
Already they are saying we are selling tickets fast for The Sheffield game
Let’s hope we actually fill the ground this time
We need the money to invest in the squad for next season promotion push

Memphis09

Like your poem there, needs a last line….

There were gaps on the big bank
Must have been all thin fans we had to thank
Absolute joke saying it was a sell out
Estimates out without a doubt
Thank you much better

Memphis09

Gaps? Not where I was. Also people standing on the yellow lines.
Hard to see how any more could have fitted in.
Looking from the Adam stansfield stand there were clear gaps and yes I did have my glasses on lol

Status
Not open for further replies.