• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Bolton Wanderers - Prediction and discussion thread

Papa John

Happy Birthday Luke Harris 19 today. The Welsh supporters are all hoping that as you have worked so hard in your matches to date for Exeter that a call up to the Welsh senior side for the Euros if they qualify is a real possibility 💪

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Some people on here are crying out for "change" but any changes made are described as "bizarre experiments".

Anyway, we'll win 6-0, but lose 7-6 on aggregate over two games and the GC out brigade will be booing Aimson.
I'm not crying out for change. I'm saying you have good players who know how you want them to play and are capable of doing so. Don't self sabotage by playing Purrington at centre back (Peterborough) or starting with Wildschutt who is a squad player at best (Lincoln). And, given that you have a strong bench, make sensible timely substitutions rather than ones that make the team less effective...

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Happy Birthday Luke Harris 19 today. The Welsh supporters are all hoping that as you have worked so hard in your matches to date for Exeter that a call up to the Welsh senior side for the Euros if they qualify is a real possibility 💪
What's this got to do with the price of bread!

Anyway to refer back to Bolton, currently lying third on equal points with Derby but worse goal difference so they will be hopeful of another hatful against us like up north to help boost their automatic challenge. Barnsley are immediately below them having played one less game three points behind and a better goal difference, and the two are playing each other tomorrow night at Oakwell (is it still called that) so things could all change before kickoff!

They have stuttered recently and in their last six away matches have lost three of them drawn one and won two (Carlisle and Cambridge), so it may not be the walkover that was seen earlier in the season. They are likely to score with a ratio of 1.47 goals scored per away match, goals conceded in away matches is 0.94 so we (in theory and statistically) could score, but....!

Last season they bought down a large noisy support which bearing in mind their position should do again, just how many Grecians attend is the question.

Team selection will be interesting depending whether Pierce's injury is more serious, whether Aitchison is fit, Cole is also suspended still I believe, and hopefully the home fans will get a glimpse of Millie Vanillie making his home debut, probably coming on as a sub.

Sinisalo
Niskanen Aimson Diabete Jules Purrington
Woods Carroll Harris Harper
Cox/Eisa

Subs
MCDonald Rankine Kite Cox/Eisa Alli Wildshutt Hartridge

1-2 to Bolton, more discontent heard among the fans, but fortunately for us wins by Peterborough Oxford and Stevenage, and draws at Cambridge and Stoke keep the wolf from the door for now and we move onto Tuesday Night in Shropshire

BigBankAl

Pumped.

Ashford Grecian

A low attendance will all but guarantee a better performance..
heading down for this one and was expecting a sell out ?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
0-3 Bolton. Sleepwalking towards relegation.

arthur

heading down for this one and was expecting a sell out ?
No, the majority view is that we play extremely boring football so no way will it be a sell out...

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, the majority view is that we play extremely boring football so no way will it be a sell out...
Seats almost sold out, Bolton will being over 1,000, should be 7K plus.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not crying out for change. I'm saying you have good players who know how you want them to play and are capable of doing so. Don't self sabotage by playing Purrington at centre back (Peterborough) or starting with Wildschutt who is a squad player at best (Lincoln). And, given that you have a strong bench, make sensible timely substitutions rather than ones that make the team less effective...
I thought we only played Purrington at centre-back for about 20 minutes against Peterborough so that the extra pace of Jules could neutralise the pace of their wingers and to make sure we didn't concede a quick second. Once we had more of a foothold in the game they swapped back to their original positions. Seemed a sensible and effective move to me and nothing close to being self-sabotage.

Last edited:

denzel

Might be more of an issue for the Burton game the week after, if we fail to beat Bolton.