• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Blackpool FA Cup Round 1 matchday thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pathetic. Nothing else to say at this point.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally thought we played quite well today apart from the defending for the Blackpool goals...at 1:0 we were looking like we would get back on to level terms before they got their second...Law, Croll, Taylor, Stockley all looking comfortable against good league 1 opposition...but the big plus today for me was all about the arrival of Archie Collins to first team football....so good on the ball passing with super dribbling skills and crossing too....I don’t think going out of the Cup will do us any harm this season as we just don’t have the strength in depth this year to cope as recent results have shown...also Abrams is improving with some very good hold up play that reminded me very much like the way Ruben used to play...Thumbs up for the NOG too an excellent stand with a very good view of the game.
You're kidding right?

First half we couldn't defend and conceded three poor goals. Second half, Blackpool stayed solid and we had nothing to offer going forward until Abrahams came on. Even then, too little movement, no-one wanting the ball, few chances created.

We lack a voice on the pitch. When the goals were going in all the players did was turn and head back to halfway, looking resigned to their fate.

**** poor.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
You're kidding right?

First half we couldn't defend and conceded three poor goals. Second half, Blackpool stayed solid and we had nothing to offer going forward until Abrahams came on. Even then, too little movement, no-one wanting the ball, few chances created

**** poor.
Rubbish! Didn’t see anybody hiding at all...the Blackpool keeper made a blinding save from Forte after about 10 mins... Law and Collins were on the the ball more than any player on the pitch in the second half with Taylor, making lots of runs down the right....and I did say apart from the defending.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Does today's game count for first team squad in Tuesday's Checkatrade trophy? Would like to see O'Shea, Oates and Abrahams get more game time, as we may need to see more of them with the squad not being deep in talent.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rubbish! Didn’t see anybody hiding at all...the Blackpool keeper made a blinding save from Forte after about 10 mins... Law and Collins were on the the ball more than any player on the pitch in the second half with Taylor, making lots of runs down the right....and I did say apart from the defending.
And who did Law and Collins have to pass to? Apart from each other?

Still, if a 3-2 home defeat makes you happy then you've had a better afternoon out than me, so you're the winner.

Red Devon

Still, if a 3-2 home defeat makes you happy then you've had a better afternoon out than me, so you're the winner.
Not bovvered about the FA Cup this season as I have said before on here!

Promotion is what the club needs off the back of the mega bucks transfer fees in the last couple seasons.

Last edited:

geoffwp

I'm a bit surprised at the strop on here tonight, though perhaps I shouldn't be. When Blackpool came out of the hat I think we all knew it would be a very big ask and so it proved. I seem to remember it wasnt so long ago that we were all in agreement that Matt Taylor needs to be given time as he is inexperienced at managing and he is trying to build something. Yet here we are with exeweb lighting up and folks getting their arses in hand. Some people do have short memories. Let's just get behind Matt and the team. As for now it's Saturday night so FFS pour another beer and chill.

Andy Holloway

It seemed like we were still observing the minutes silence when the first goal went in! It did seem to be all over by the 24th minute but that was the end of Blackpool's threat, after that it was more about them being nominated for Oscars. At one stage, before today, I felt sorry Blackpool, with such immoral and disgusting owners. But after today, I feel that they both deserve each other and the fans deserve both! To bring 100+ fans and then have the nerve to accept 45% of the gate money shows just how immoral the owners, team AND fans are. I hope the money gets stolen by the owners and the club goes bankrupt, they're all no better than common thieves!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I'm a bit surprised at the strop on here tonight, though perhaps I shouldn't be. When Blackpool came out of the hat I think we all knew it would be a very big ask and so it proved. I seem to remember it wasnt so long ago that we were all in agreement that Matt Taylor needs to be given time as he is inexperienced at managing and he is trying to build something. Yet here we are with exeweb lighting up and folks getting their arses in hand. Some people do have short memories. Let's just get behind Matt and the team. As for now it's Saturday night so FFS pour another beer and chill.
I haven’t seen anyone strop - the best team won it’s pretty simple , winnning or losing against higher division opponents won’t Define the season & no one is questioning Matt Taylor from what I’ve seen

Felt for Stockley because the service was poor & the reliance on him is evident and something the opposition work out immediately

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The sad thing is that Hamon hasn't been culpable for any of the 7 goals conceded since he's been between the sticks. He's been a victim of shyte defending at times. Unfortunate for the lad and I do wonder how Pym's absence after a long period of custody of the goal has unsettled the defence as opposed to any actual errors by Hamon.
He was for Norwood header at Tranmere, he just lacks conviction IMO & I feel the back four feel the same