• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Walsall Matchday Thread

stumpynadge

We weren't great, sloppy in places, Sercs got caught out a couple of times, instead of putting it into touch, which is a safer option when you've got two players bearing down on you. Still, a crap win is better than a glorious defeat.

dommers

Looked that a good old fashioned handbags session, with fans being able to give stick but not take it!

OmanGrecian

Their keeper was getting a fair bit of stick from a few people after the second goal, and then he reacted, I wasn't close enough but did anyone here what was said?
I was told by someone nearby that the keeper had been spat at by one of our so called fans. The spitter's friend was chucked out.

GrecianWonder

I was told by someone nearby that the keeper had been spat at by one of our so called fans. The spitter's friend was chucked out.
if this is true....

what idiots... probably a little child who doesnt know anything did it

Teignmouth Red

Really disappointing performance but an important three points in the bag. The first five minutes were brilliant and I thought we were going to rip them apart but until the last 15 mins we did not press like we have done so effectively this season - we just sat back and let them come back at us. Our ball retention was dreadful and a lot of players looked out of sorts. The bright spots were Duffy, Hamer, Noble and Taylor who were all effective in their roles. I was very disappointed with Logie, Cureton, Sercombe and Dunne - which dreamland were Dreamaway in when they awarded Dunne MOM? I think O'Flynn deserves a start but Nardiello had a bizarre half an hour. Scored, missed a penalty and managed to concede a corner from the halfway line (Tis was in despair).

This was not a good game but we needed the points.
Summed it up well but disagree that Cureton was poor. I thought he ran his socks off, that his movement was (as usual) exemplary and he had to manfully deal with too many hoofs that he was never going to win in the air.

For me, Duffy was the MOM with Noble not far behind. And to win when two-thirds of the central midfielders were so poor is a good thing.

BTW, wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall after Nardiello and O'Flynn made it to the changing rooms to discuss the penalty? And did anyone else think the challenge was actually outside the area?

Last edited:

ICE

I was pretty close to the front, the keeps was getting a fair bit of stick.. Why do people take things too far. ?

RobG

he was spat on.... not only that but the kid was wearing a Man U hat! TW*T

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Summed it up well but disagree that Cureton was poor. I thought he ran his socks off, that his movement was (as usual) exemplary and he had to manfully deal with too many hoofs that he was never going to win in the air.

For me, Duffy was the MOM with Noble not far behind. And to win when two-thirds of the central midfielders were so poor is a good thing.

BTW, wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall after Nardiello and O'Flynn made it to the changing rooms to discuss the penalty? And did anyone else think the challenge was actually outside the area?
1) If you take the view Curo is there to score he missed two chances today which he would expect to have put away but "poor" would be the wrong word. I say: disappointing.

2) l would have made either Duffy or Noble MOTM. Dunny nowhere close today.

3) I thought the penalty incident was just inside the box from where I watch but felt the defender might have been unlucky. Penalties are given too easily these days and if it had been the other way round I think there might have been some howls of protest on here.

Last edited:

pct333

Richard Duffy makes the score Exeter 1 Walsall 0 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KolFikeA2vs

Wemissharley

Well dun City. It was Ryan and me that wun it. :)