• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sheffield Wednesday Matchday Thread

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm more disappointed with City losing 2 points than England getting kicked out of the World Cup.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hard to see how Wednesday have 15 points more than us on the basis of the respective performances this afternoon.

Rosencrantz

Hard to see how Wednesday have 15 points more than us on the basis of the respective performances this afternoon.
Heavily Bannen dependent from today's evidence.

Red Devon

Gutted by the late Wednesday equaliser. I do now think we have finally settled under Caldwell as that was quite a decent performance against one of the top teams in the League. I was surprised to see Kegs name on the team sheet but thought he had a very good game indeed…..Cheick, Archie and Key need to be sharper on the ball and move it quicker at this level, all three of them try to hold on to the ball for too long and end up losing possession too often…overall an encouraging showing. (Loved the Cameron Dawson chant from the BB)

larrywilkie

Gutted by the late Wednesday equaliser. I do now think we have finally settled under Caldwell as that was quite a decent performance against one of the top teams in the League. I was surprised to see Kegs name on the team sheet but thought he had a very good game indeed…..Cheick, Archie and Key need to be sharper on the ball and move it quicker at this level, all three of them try to hold on to the ball for too long and end up losing possession too often…overall an encouraging showing. (Loved the Cameron Dawson chant from the BB)
Stockdale applauded the chant from the BB to start with and even nodded his head in approval. He didn't seem to want to join in after we had scored though!!

Red Devon

Stockdale applauded the chant from the BB to start with and even nodded his head in approval. He didn't seem to want to join in after we had scored though!!
He did seem to be rattled by it after we scored:)

manc grecian

Interestingly I thought we played more like a matt Taylor team in the second half

Mainly because we are a flat track bully…we’ve put to bed comfortably most if not all of the teams towards the bottom whist struggling to beat the better teams.

But you get 3 points for beating anyone hence why we are 3rd and it’s fair to say not beating the lower teams has been our Achilles heal in the past, especially in this division.

it’s very binary with Moore this year….get us up and he’s done a good job…..failure to do that and he’s got to go

manc grecian

Mainly because we are a flat track bully…we’ve put to bed comfortably most if not all of the teams towards the bottom whist struggling to beat the better teams.

But you get 3 points for beating anyone hence why we are 3rd and it’s fair to say not beating the lower teams has been our Achilles heal in the past, especially in this division.

it’s very binary with Moore this year….get us up and he’s done a good job…..failure to do that and he’s got to go
You didn't appear to have any craft or guile in the side. Just a team of massive grocks.

Rosencrantz

You didn't appear to have any craft or guile in the side. Just a team of massive grocks.
And Barry Bannan 😉