• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup 3rd round proper matchday thread

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
We can still win this however we need a lot more from the middle of the pitch, Collins and Taylor have been pretty non existent.

Bowman and Jay need far more quality coming into them, time for Law for Collins imho.

McArdle caught out yet again however it doesn't seem to matter if it's Sweeney, McArdle or Hartridge, they all switch off and cost us plenty of goals.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I still haven't forgiven Martin for his terrible performance at Wembley. I know people are saying it was because he knew he was leaving the club but I still don't understand why a professional wouldn't give a game like that everything, at least for their CV.
If it wasnt for Aarons goal we wouldnt have made Wembley !

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
State of him in the window.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just need to play like we did for first 20 mins and keep it up. UTC

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like Sparkes is coming on

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sparkes on for Caprice, Key at right back, Randall right and Sparkes on the left is a change I'd make very soon.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mc Ardle was my main worry before the game but not sure Hartridgeis right at right sided centre back, I'd actually have chosen Sweeney. Think we are missing the outlet that was Williams who I suspect is avoiding getting cup tied pending a move. Law would definately be an improvement and allow us to hold the ball further up the pitch, like to see Seymour come on as well. Fire 'em up Matt Taylor!

IBA

Norman collier
I think Norman is sub

Think I've just spotted our new CB hope - viewing game from a nearby terraced house, in his dressing gown, with pint glass in hand.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sparkes on for Page.