• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Port Vale Match day Thread

Corey

Vale only have one fit striker (similar to us really!) and played a 17 yo up front last game. Most of their threat comes from set pieces so if we can hold them off there I think we should be alright. 2-1 win incoming!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
The sun is shining, City back at SJP all is right with the world.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Certainly last week we saw that we have enough quality to survive in League One. Today is a different ask, against a team that plays exactly the kind of football we find the most challenging to play against. The good thing is this time there'll be no weird crowd noise based on other results coming in like there was the last time we played them, and the focus will all be on what's in front of us. I saw one or two players looking around very confused at times in that game.

David Treharne

It's 17c, and there's no appreciable cloud. The wind such as it is is moving from NE to ENE, as it did yesterady and the current cooling breeze will disappear. Thereafter (by Exonian standards) it's going to be very warm. Yesterday peaked at 24c, and this afternoon could be warmer. The UV is high and rain is a distant memory, everything is bone dry - so the Club will be using its extraction rights for the pitch.
I would, once agian, give warning of the Gas Board progress along Well Street, the area outside St Anne's Well pub has trenches along the pavement, and there are other obstacles as they move their way towards Well Street Bridge, including the area outside the ground.
As to the outcome I have very little idea, and my presictions will simply be guesses.
More at 13:00

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking Forward to be back - 1-0 City Hartridge from a set piece

Sprinklers On

IndoMike

10,000 kms away (some Exewebbers are even further away) but I still get as excited as a kid in a sweet shop on match day. Crazy, innit?
I'll stick with my 2-0 prediction with goals from Brown and Matty Jay. Attendance
7001 (so I can win my bet with JW)
UTC! COYR!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Attendance 7001 (so I can win my bet with JW)
Really milking it now, Indo.

IndoMike

Really milking it now, Indo.
Pull the udder one ..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you're in Red Square pre-match don't forget to pick up a badge from the Tombola stall, only 4 quid.

Attachments

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member