• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Plymouth Argyle Matchday Thread

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hello....Hows things going then?
Amor vincit omnia

greatwhite

In French please

contrabombarde

In French please
That's easy....omnia vincit Amor (y)

A couple of deflected efforts past either post in the first half could have changed things... I didn't think Argyle what that much better than us in actual play and creativity... They scored the opening goal with their first attack and a long ball upfield for the second that our centre halves could have dealt with better, especially Croll who seemed reluctant to tackle.... They were a lot more physical and stronger than us and that was the main difference and at times somewhat overly so and a yellow card could and should been shown earlier.... Harley was doing OK before he went off, James is a complete waste of space and the sooner he is out of the team the better. He brings nothing to the party his passing and corner taking is very poor.... The one bright spark in this was Lee Holmes coming back from injury earlier than expected and he looked look fit, sharp and was unlucky with the strike against the post.... Wheeler is apparently close to a return and once Rueben Reid is back up to speed and fitness we should start to find net again.... Fully expect 3 points at Satanage next week....
UTC!!
I wonder if our master tactician had a look at the Watford/Man highlights last night?
If so he would have seen Deeney winning his fair share of aerial battles (as did Simpson) but noticeably there was always a Watford player close enough to him to pick up the tasty knock-downs or short flick-ons. Ok Deeney's control is a lot better but then he is also up against Prem defenders.
Contrast that with our lot expecting a lone guy up front up often battling two defenders and expecting him to direct his headers accurately enough to someone who is invariably at least 20 yards away-or was I watching another game in my sleep?
Come on Tis -get your guys fitters and tell them to hunt in pairs!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if our master tactician had a look at the Watford/Man highlights last night?
If so he would have seen Deeney winning his fair share of aerial battles (as did Simpson) but noticeably there was always a Watford player close enough to him to pick up the tasty knock-downs or short flick-ons. Ok Deeney's control is a lot better but then he is also up against Prem defenders.
Contrast that with our lot expecting a lone guy up front up often battling two defenders and expecting him to direct his headers accurately enough to someone who is invariably at least 20 yards away-or was I watching another game in my sleep?
Come on Tis -get your guys fitters and tell them to hunt in pairs!

A lot of our on-field problems seem down to a lack of basic coaching.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
A lot of our on-field problems seem down to a lack of basic coaching.
I agree. #Less time travelling = more time coaching.

grecian55

" Come on Tis -get your guys fitters and tell them to hunt in pairs!"
The weakness of the whole hierarchy at the club is partly responsible for this ,players should be told to sort out accommodation in Exeter and sod off home after saturday games ,no wonder they are not fit and there is hardly any co-ordination between them on the pitch ,we are frequently second best in all aspects on the pitch and our energy levels are **** poor but it is just more smokescreen for Co Co Tisdale to use as another poor excuse ,
Please clear off Tisdale ,you are taking us down ,step by step ,excuse after excuse .

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Argyle certainly looked a fitter stronger and without doubt bigger side than us from side on at times it looked like a men's side against a under 18 type side...

the amount of times we was bullied out of possession & out muscled especially in midfield was laughable really - the no4 who sat infront of there back four was a big lad with power and the ability to win headers and tackles...

When you have Harley , James & Jake Taylor in midfield it's hardly gonna scare anyone.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Argyle certainly looked a fitter stronger and without doubt bigger side than us from side on at times it looked like a men's side against a under 18 type side...

the amount of times we was bullied out of possession & out muscled especially in midfield was laughable really - the no4 who sat infront of there back four was a big lad with power and the ability to win headers and tackles...

When you have Harley , James & Jake Taylor in midfield it's hardly gonna scare anyone.
This has sadly been one of our major failings for a number of seasons and no doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong but apart from Matt Taylor and Sir Rob has Tisdale signed any other players of any real physical stature.

denzil

This has sadly been one of our major failings for a number of seasons and no doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong but apart from Matt Taylor and Sir Rob has Tisdale signed any other players of any real physical stature.
Nah we only go for vertically challenged players.

Tis should have set an example years ago and moved down to Devon as should all the City players who, at the moment, mostly live far far away.

Last edited: