• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town, Pappa John Pizza Trophy. Match Day Thread

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do folk feel Seymour is worth persisting with , any potential there ? Or should he be released at the end of the season to free up wages for someone else?I suppose giving him the number nine shirt was making some sort of statement.
He seems to spend a lot of his time trying to battle against massive centre halfs rather than playing on the shoulder of the last defender.

Bit worried that he's not quick enough and his movement isn't good enough to compensate for it.

milts

Do folk feel Seymour is worth persisting with , any potential there ? Or should he be released at the end of the season to free up wages for someone else?I suppose giving him the number nine shirt was making some sort of statement.
No.

fred binneys head

I thought he did well tonight. His goal-to-minutes ratio is also pretty good for a young kid still learning his trade against hairy-arsed league 2 defenders. Keep going with him I say, but exactly as we are, slow and steady until it clicks.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sadly not. Still yet to score a goal from open play against senior opposition, despite being afforded decent game time from MT. Hope he proves me wrong though.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
He showed more touch and movement than Seymour did in the time he was on. Should've scored but I know who I'd pick first
Quite. He ought to have scored, but he did at least force the keeper into a save. Moreover, he'd only been on the pitch for a matter of seconds, which probably didn't help.

That chance aside, I thought he did okay and, I agree with Manc, offered a lot more than Seymour. Yes, he cuts a frustrated figure at times – as well he might when his opportunities are so few and far between – but to suggest that translates into a lack of commitment of effort is IMO nonsense.

STURTZ

Wasn't the one on one that really upset me, it was ducking under a perfect cross that did it for me.

fred binneys head

Wasn't the one on one that really upset me, it was ducking under a perfect cross that did it for me.
I was hoping it was behind him. If it wasn’t then what the actual £uck was he doing?

denzil

A bit naive in defence......again ! Should have sneaked in having missed two one on ones. Same old Curle team - supreme time wasters and also pathetic ref otherwise all okay :)

logman

Not a big fan of McArdle, me. No idea why he let that ball drop on their second goal.
Schoolboy error and one of the first things we were taught when we were kids, don't let the ball bounce in your box in those situations.

denzil

Strange that an "old hand" should allow that to happen!