• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EXETER CITY V NORTHAMPTON TOWN MDT

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh and Jack Sparkes was unlucky to see a free kick touched onto a post by the Cobblers keeper. Been a while since we ve had a free kick on target!
Good to see Sparkes on corners today although most were short! Should be Sparkes and Collins on set plays.

pct333

Was thinking that it will be hard for Jake Taylor to get back in. Atangana seems to offer a lot more creatively in midfield.
I told Jake that after the game. He said that he didn't mind too much as long as ECFC keep winning.

Exehausted

Yeah, he sat in beside Archie and Law pushed forward more centrally.

We set up exactly the same as normal. Sparkes always plays a little deeper than Williams, with Sweeney filling in more to the right than Deano to the left. But it isn't a flat back four, it's just lopsided. When Parkes came on, that was a back four.

I can see the phrase agree to disagree peeking it's head over the horizon 😉.
Totally! I'm not going to fall out about it.

Stelios

I told Jake that after the game. He said that he didn't mind too much as long as ECFC keep winning.
I bet he was pleased to speak to you :ROFLMAO:

Exehausted

It just shows what a great team man he is, a really class individual. Plus a great player to bring on. He'll get his chance again.

thermopylai

Great game to watch. N'hampton are a good team and helped make a great spectacle.
First half we were lucky to go in even: credit to the team - and Randell for an absolute stunner - when we were generally second best.
Second half was stunning - whatever MT said at half time really had an impact. Some great movement, clever play and an absolute joy to watch. Of course being City we didn't want to be boring and win comfortably...

geoffwp

What I liked about it all was that our goals were really well worked and not as a result of hoofing a speculative ball up field in hope.

Red Devon

Very good performance against a very good Northampton team.....Thanks to Randell for picking us up after we spent 10 minutes feeling sorry for ourselves after Northampton took the lead that really is something we need to snap out of as it happens to often....once on level terms we believed in ourselves again and fully deserved the win...many good performances with Bowman looking a lot more like his old self again Fisher had a good game but not MoM for me, Aaron Martin was superb again, Nigel getting better and better by the game but what player Randell Williams has become and on 🔥 at the moment defenders just can’t cope with his pace, quick feet and trickery a player we mustn’t let go in January!

HighworthGrecian

Back to.the 3,700 core support
What a disgracefully low attendance. How fickle are the Exeter supporters

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Post match interview wit Aaron Martin