• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Newport County Matchday Thread

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Well that's 2 minutes 53 seconds of my life I'll never get back

Very Tisdale.

grecIAN Harris

Mmmmmmmmm, I find it ironic he is calling the players for over complicating things.

CREDYGRECIAN

Grateful for the point against

CREDYGRECIAN

Grateful for a point against the 20th placed side at home a few days after defeat against the 22nd placed side away

That says everything.

crocks

Well, a very last minute decision by me to blast down the motorway to attend todays game. Should I have bothered?

That was a truly woeful game from City and very very lucky to gain a point. First time I have seen Stockley play and thought he was very poor. I'd almost (not quite) rather have Morrison. He lumbers about the park, goes to close somebody down then stops and thinks better of it. Flick on headers are aimless (nowhere near a City player), poor control and touch and well, pretty ineffective. Second half, Nicholls beats his man on the right and whips in a lovely cross onto the edge of the 6 yard box. Nobody was there as Stockley was back on his heals scratching his arse.

Oleynik, Brown and Harley all had decent games. The ginger ninja very close with a free kick and a sweetly struck shot that was well saved. Apart from them, I wouldn't have given tuppence for the rest.

City lacked any sort of drive or urgency (its as if they know that the season is over and are just going through the motions). There is little or no cohesion, no team play.... all in all, pretty yak.

Oh, and we know we are in trouble when you have two full backs playing who's first thought is to pass the ball back. There is no drive there....miss Ribs probing runs.

I also couldn't work out why Noble took part in the pre match warm up but then wasn't named...... gee we miss him.

Last edited:

Swanaldo

Grateful for a point against the 20th placed side at home.
Funny how it feels like a loss to everyone except Tisdale.

denzil

If we'd in fact lost 1-2 Tisdale would've put spin on it and commented as though we'd won.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Grateful for a point against the 20th placed side at home a few days after defeat against the 22nd placed side away

That says everything.
But isn't eat easy to win three games on the trot? I'm sure someone said that...

Red Devon

Funny how it feels like a loss to everyone except Tisdale.
I too was grateful for the point because it was a game we probably should have lost!

First half was very poor Newport should have been 3-1 up at the break...second half we played a lot better in to the wind Davies should have put us 2 up with a weak follow up effort, after that a Newport goal never felt to far away.

So!! much for this squad in depth we're supposed to have.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris