• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Mansfield Town Matchday Thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pete, I think you've just about made your point. I don't like cheating barstids any more than you do. But Bowman is our boy, so I hope you won't be getting stuck into him all season as you did with Pym. If you've got a thing about players you think are too short or too tall, don't worry. Matt tells me he's only signing 6'0" or 6'1" players in future.

If you want a team of saints, try Southampton.
I've already raised the Pym/Bowman critique with Pete and apparently he only does goalkeepers

Grecianpasty

Having been to the game and seeing first hand exactly what happened, the red card should never have been rescinded. The video footage delivered by Mansfield is inconclusive. If there was footage taken from the front angle it will show sweeneys intent, and what actually happened, which was him elbowing bowman in the stomach. The intent and action warranted a red card, and now the referee has been wrongly undermined.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Having been to the game and seeing first hand exactly what happened, the red card should never have been rescinded. The video footage delivered by Mansfield is inconclusive. If there was footage taken from the front angle it will show sweeneys intent, and what actually happened, which was him elbowing bowman in the stomach. The intent and action warranted a red card, and now the referee has been wrongly undermined.
Thank you for that post GP. The problem that we face with 'ole Pate though is that we are dealing with someone with extraordinary supernatural powers. His is not just the run of the mill superpower that enables him to see through people, but he is also blessed the ability to distort those images to align perfectly with his perceived version of events.

In mitigation it must be pointed out that our resident self appointed goalkeeping critic is enduring the nightmare season from hell. Six games into the season, top of the league, undefeated, four clean sheets, just three goals conceded. The only goal which he found to criticise, turned out to be a deflection, and he was forced to issue a retraction. To cap it all Maxted starts with a clean sheet in the checkawotsit win to boot ! Life doesn't get much bleaker than that. Times are tough in Arizona !