• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Mansfield MDT

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The thread title is perfection and guarantees us 3 points...as long as bleddy Norman Collier doesn't intervene ...
Na, not perfection Indo but “serviceable.” I am bound to say I agree with Freddie.

What did it read before Rae saved your bacon ? Just interested like.

Looks like we might need our caps and sunglasses today. A perfick day for a free flowing game with a few goals. Will probably be a tough, scrappy dogfight though.

UTC

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Sun is shining - I think a tight affair with the odd goal winning it - hopefully in the right end

COYR [G]

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
My line up today would be:

Pym

O'Shea Brown Moxey

Wilson Woodman

Taylor Law Boateng

Lee Martin Jay

I doubt Martin will play however I'd bring him in for his energy alongside Jay who will need some help up front, with Bowman suspended and Forte injured Donovan Wilson is the only other option, I actually think Matt Taylor will start with him today. We really are down to the barest of bones in the striker department.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Na, not perfection Indo but “serviceable.” I am bound to say I agree with Freddie.

Looks like we might need our caps and sunglasses today. A perfick day for a free flowing game with a few goals. Will probably be a tough, scrappy dogfight though.

UTC
Nah...you're just jealous :). Only a select few can craft such a match-winning thread title as this. Beautiful in its simplicity. (y)

Last edited:

IndoMike

UTC
Funnily enough, just had a bacon sarnie. Rae's kind assistance must remain a secret which we will both take to our graves.

David Treharne

Far too good a day to be a keyboard warrior. It's 15c, though there's still a nagging NNW wind, though it's mercifully not blowing very hard. As Alastair observes elsewhere it will be a day for sunglasses, and possibly sun-blocker too, though I suggest that you might need a coat of some sort for when the sun goes down (officially 18:42 but it's been getting chillier from about 17:00). I am hoping for a good game, but like several other observers fear that it will be a nervous error strewn afternoon with goals in short supply. Perhaps it'll be settled with another wonder strike?

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Shame on you Dr D for not reminding the assembled Exewebbers that the clocks "spring forward" an hour tonight. :(
(Cue the traditional posts for the next six months by so by some, moaning that the ExeWeb clock is wrong! ;) )

David Treharne

I think it would be much more worthwhile to have mentioned the current cross-town chaos caused by the re-surfacing of Exe Bridges. Traffic on Bonhay Road backed up to St David's, no access to Alphington Road, and bus timetables that are a joke (as they often are - but it's especially bad today). I suspect there may be those making their way to the game who aren't aware of this. Oh yes, and clocks go forward (possibly for the last time?)

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pym; K.Wilson O’Shea Moxey Woodman; Holmes Taylor Boateng Law; Jay Wilson

scottus86

Strong attacking lineup with really good options on the bench. We don't have the right to win, but with that team, I think we will..