• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Luton Town Official FA Cup Matchday Thread

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
When you think about it, Bobby 'could' have gone for his shove on the phantom of the opera, wheeler should have gone and there is a case for saying troy should have gone also as he was clearly the last defender and the striker may well have scored.
On the latter, aside from IMO it not even being a foul rather a dive under "six of one, half a dozen of the other" contact (otherwise why didn't he go down under similar contact before he was in the box aside from trying successfully to buy his team a penalty), the absurdity of the rule around "Denying a clear goalscoring opportunity" now is that in the penalty area it isn't a red card unless it is felt the player is making no attempt to get the ball.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, the quote marks mean what you said......

The players that PT has "at his disposal" are the ones he picked....so if they aren't "performing at their best and winning matches" then who is to blame?
Thanks for clearing that up.

Tisdale is responsible for all the players he has signed, of course. This season's crop isn't great, IMO, but with Ethan pulling the strings, around him the whole team played better and Simpson actually looked to me like a footballer for the first time. Personally, I think that this is a good thing as it improves the team and gives us some hope of climbing the table. The squad looks good enough to stay out of trouble, now it is down to Tisdale to get performances and results from them. With 30 league games to go, there's still a lot to play for.

Saturday was not a poor performance. We matched a team who have spent some serious money on some good players and are challenging at the top of the table. City's finishing was wayward and Bobby let in a soft goal. Apart from that everyone put in a shift, tried to get the ball forward and we played well as a team. It was a hell of a cup tie, not completely ruined by some bizarre refereeing.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks for clearing that up.

Tisdale is responsible for all the players he has signed, of course. This season's crop isn't great, IMO, but with Ethan pulling the strings, around him the whole team played better and Simpson actually looked to me like a footballer for the first time. Personally, I think that this is a good thing as it improves the team and gives us some hope of climbing the table. The squad looks good enough to stay out of trouble, now it is down to Tisdale to get performances and results from them. With 30 league games to go, there's still a lot to play for.

Saturday was not a poor performance. We matched a team who have spent some serious money on some good players and are challenging at the top of the table. City's finishing was wayward and Bobby let in a soft goal. Apart from that everyone put in a shift, tried to get the ball forward and we played well as a team. It was a hell of a cup tie, not completely ruined by some bizarre refereeing.
I think the problem is we all know that this team is capable of winning games and playing some really good football, but when the pressure comes on to be more competitive and grind out a result then the outcome is usually predictable. We are crying out for leaders who can change things when they are needed... The problem is that PT seems to dislike confrontation and when he is faced with it, he normally becomes defensive. They say, a team is a reflection of its manager and it was never more the case than with City. We need a balls out nasty person on the pitch and probably in the dugout, who takes it personally when we lose and will do anything to prevent it.

Last edited:

fred binneys head

We need a balls out nasty person
Completely unnecessary and more liable to injury, I reckon.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Completely unnecessary and more liable to injury, I reckon.
Mmm not so sure on that one a bit of 'nasty' is pretty useful. who was the last one we had ? noble could hand it out when needed , but others ?

malcolms

Mmm not so sure on that one a bit of 'nasty' is pretty useful. who was the last one we had ? noble could hand it out when needed , but others ?
It's like shooting Bambi's Mother (facepalm)

Last edited:

fred binneys head

It's like shooting Bambi's Mother (facepalm)
Now that made me smile :)