• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Ipswich Town : EFL Trophy : Match Day Thread.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surprised no one has started one yet,so I will oblige.

Rog H K

Surprised no one has started one yet,so I will oblige.
Well done. I looked an hour ago and thought about it. Made a cup of tea and went back to bed😂
Heard away end open now for City. Could get 2k + for this? Should be a good knock around today. Reduced gate prices. Saturday footie fix. On the back of a good run. Lots of positives. Ipswich sold a few tickets too.
Think we will sneak this by a single goal.

IndoMike

I imagine this will be a tough match for us and we might be under the cosh.
Hoping that we get a surprisingly good crowd of 2.5k+ and that the weather helps to boost the numbers. Perhaps Dr Dave can give us a weather forecast and update on the state of the pitch?
i have no.idea about the score but just hope City can be on with a chance after 80 minutes.
Up the City!

Oldsmobile-88

A conundrum for MT...He will want to play some of the fringe players but it’s a nice £40k for the club if we progress.
I think he will stick with the formula that he has used so far in the competition(a strong bench)

exeter-loyal

I think we will win this one, the kids have been strong so far in the competition that have played and I think we have a real chance of progressing. I'll be trying out the Away End this afternoon looking forward to it.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope the Ipswich people set off good and early, after all Exeter is further than Glasgow from there.

Red Devon

Would imagine Ipswich will play a fairly strong team they won’t want to come all this way for nothing....hopefully our youngish side will will maybe want it more to claim victory.

STURTZ

Expect to lose, don't care, as long as we escape injury.

City 2: Ipswich 3

David Treharne

Morning! It's 8c with a light grey cloud cover, though as I went for my first pint of the morning to the Vic it was drizzling. At the moment it looks as though it'll just be a dull January day with intermittent cloud breaks. We've had 1mm of rain in the last 24 hours and the wind has shifted completely from yesterdays NNW to SSW and blowing quite gently. The wind yesterday would certainly have helped dry out the pitch but for the first time this season it has been cut up and really needs a prolonged spell of reasonable temperatures to promote growth. Looking forward to it - and am tempted to change to the 'away' end- though note the warning bout long queues at the ticket booth that will be required to do this.
Update at 13:00, but for now off to the Stoke Arms.

Corey

Going to be a big crowd given the competition, I’m going and definitely wouldn’t have if it was a Tuesday night. Predicting another 1-0 win. Seymour with the goal.