• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Grimsby Town prediction thread

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lloyd James is suspended.
So he is. I hadn't realised he'd picked up 5 yellow cards. http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions Gives Tis some food for thought. An opportunity to play Taylor in the centre with Boateng and Holmes on the right? I for one hope Tillson is not out for too long, we are a better balanced side with him in the team. Not the greatest footballer in the world, but does the job better than the others.

Legohead

Banned
Lloyd James is suspended.
Not necessarily a bad thing but we'll wait and see.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Step forward Troy Archibald Henville.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Step forward Troy Archibald Henville.
I think a very rusty Ryan Harley will step in.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
If Tillson isn't fit, I wonder if we'll see Jake Taylor in the centre with perm two from three of Holmes, Edwards and McAlinden on the flanks.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Those happen on Thursdays.
They do indeed, so this is your preview of the Grimsby game http://www.exeweb.com/2017/11/09/next-up-exeter-city-vs-grimsby-town-2/

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Decent record with Deano in charge including 3 straight wins.

rifraf

Love Reid. Love Stockley. After 2-months watching them closely, hate them playing together. Stevie Wonder will tell you that it can never work. McAlinden it is then ......... but for who? We will find out soon.

And why isn't Sparkes playing - or at least regularly on the bench and coming on from time-to-time when we want to liven things up or are chasing the game? Maybe Tis is saving the 1st team for the end of the season? I saw Sparkes at 4 PSFs, and that was not fluke how he performed.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No Lloyd James this weekend as hes both injured and suspended. Perhaps we'll see a start for Sparkes or more likely a midfield 4 of Holmes, Moxey, Taylor and Boetang.

Anyway 3-1 City
We get 2 early goals through Reid and Sweeney and then a late McAlinden tap in seals it.

att: 3817

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fooking typical that James is suspended on the first game of the season I can't get to. Let's hope Taylor is moved central.