• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crewe Matchday Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Thought we might have brought some fresh legs on towards the end to add some more energy.

supernova

Thought we were bang average, looked more like a play off chasing side tonight than top 3 finisher. Lacking a spark at the moment to my eyes

Red faced

We really deserved to have won this.....very frustrating but it is looking increasingly as if our lack of a decent striker is inevitably going to cost us.....mind you it does not help when you have such an utterly useless referee......

last couple of minutes why the hell did the ref not insist on getting the Crewe player off.....the last couple of minutes shocking behaviour from the Crewe team.
100% correct. When their player went down with cramp , for the second time, there was no play for well over 3 minutes, then they had a sub and wasted more time. the game should have gone until at least the 98th minutes. I guess that when you concede such ridiculous goals like we did, City had themselves to blame. Thought Bowman was fairly good in the first half with Martin but in the second half , we literally had no strikers on the pitch. Crewe were an utter disgrace, worsened only by the ref.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The same referee, Lee Swabey, that sent Nigel Atangana off on New Years Day at Forest Green.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
.......... apart from that I didn't think the ref got as much wrong as they said on the radio. Disappointing in the end not to win given we had so much ball in their half late on.

Spot on! Commentator John Ayres and that woman with him disappointed me tonight; Constantly mumping and moaning, and inciting iFollowers to get on the refs case!

The fact is, we have now established beyond all doubt that Bowman really shouldnt be playing in the Football League. He is total waste of a shirt. Hopefully we can get rid of him and Ajose sooner rather than later!

PeteUSA

Do we really have to get a stopwatch out at the end of a match and challenge the referees timekeeping? We werent good enough FFS! Their keeper was only pint sized and should have been challenged more.

manc grecian

Scrappy like Saturday with no real quality in the final 3rd. Looked tighter at the back playing a 4 but subsequently lost any attacking presence out wide. Martin was poor again and either plays off the striker or not at all. He just clogs up the midfield by coming inside and narrowing the pitch or loses the ball by trying to beat his man 3 times.

Archie Collins seems to be morphing into lloyd James by playing that lazy round the corner pass to nobody in particular.

Can understand the lack of changes as we were on top but feel for Richardson and Fisher.

3 of the 4 minutes of injury time was taken up by the physio on the pitch and nothing else added on and the non decision by the linesman for the foul on Williams was one of the worst decisions I've seen in years. Clueless.

Crewes kit was as bad as there safeguarding policies.

geoffwp

Dirty person northern person shit people and a person shit person **** of referee who was such a person shit idle useless ******* ****.

i8cornwall

All got very stagnated with Taylor, starting to all become very Tisdale like.

Why Matt jay or some fresh legs weren’t brought on is beyond me. Players body language towards the end was appalling, no urgency or composure.

Least the fans turned up and sing, like they keep asking us to do, maybe one day they’ll repay us by actually winning and getting us into league one.

Red faced

Do we really have to get a stopwatch out at the end of a match and challenge the referees timekeeping? We werent good enough FFS! Their keeper was only pint sized and should have been challenged more.
I think most people accept that the match was thrown away by us but the rules about round injury time are clearly there so that teams like Crewe cannot wind the clock down unfairly. Because of the ref's abysmal timekeeping and management of the situation tonight, Crewe did just that. How many points have been won or lost in injury time? Just take a look at the Pompey game. Nobody had a stopwatch Pete- its just doesn't take much working out that if a player is down for most of the injury time added, then more should be needed. It is literally like the ref stopping the game after 88 mins of normal time.