• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Colchester Utd Matchday Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dunno, I'd go with last weeks win at Carlisle. If you had said you could have had four points from Newport and Carlisle away, I think most of us would have snapped your hand off. Having got the win at Newport to go and back it up with a victory at Carlisle was massive given Hartlepool's equaliser against those Vegan tossers and set us up well for Easter weekend.
For me the three crucial games were Forest Green away (first decent performance in a while) Swindon away (first time we saw how resilient this team is) and Newport away (first time I really believed we will get promoted)

Cowshed Grecian

For me the three crucial games were Forest Green away (first decent performance in a while) Swindon away (first time we saw how resilient this team is) and Newport away (first time I really believed we will get promoted)
Port Vale away for me. MT called that a free hit. Hartridge,Sweenz and Stubbs were magnificent. The ball was coming back at us relentlessly.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bristol Rovers home (first victory, and really showed what we are capable of)
FGR away (controlled the game despite just getting back after the Covid layoff)
Harrogate home (amazing spirit to come back after being dead and buried)

Trapdoor

So many late winners or equalisers this year.

Salford away was a classic example.

Leads

Surprised Crawley away hasn’t got a mention yet. We were on a pretty shoddy run and went 1-0 down. Nigel A then attempts a back pass, mistimes it and their striker is through on goal. He goes around the keeper and goes gown. Was it a foul or a dive? Could have gone either way IMO, thankfully the ref thinks the latter and the chap also receives a second booking and is sent off. We turn it around in the second half to take the game 2-1.

Cowshed Grecian

Surprised Crawley away hasn’t got a mention yet. We were on a pretty shoddy run and went 1-0 down. Nigel A then attempts a back pass, mistimes it and their striker is through on goal. He goes around the keeper and goes gown. Was it a foul or a dive? Could have gone either way IMO, thankfully the ref thinks the latter and the chap also receives a second booking and is sent off. We turn it around in the second half to take the game 2-1.
Fair one. That was a turnaround moment. We were poor in that first half and like you said they could of been 2-0 up and they should of had a pen. I think it finished 3-1 didnt it?

scottus86

The game that changed our season and gave the players the belief they can catch FGR and win the league is clearly that come back against Harrogate, we've been solid since.

tonykellowfan

The Swindon away game was another one that looked likely to be a defeat 1-0 with time running out and then 2 injury time goals.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Port Vale away for me. MT called that a free hit. Hartridge,Sweenz and Stubbs were magnificent. The ball was coming back at us relentlessly.
Sweenz didn't play in that game. Diabate took his place due to illness.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
60 great seconds of action from Saturday