• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Colchester Utd Matchday Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Big game surely requires the big Stanno shirt floating across The Bank pre match.

CityTillIDie

All you big bankers remember to bring a city scarf.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is very exciting.

Grecian Koala

Kicks off at 10pm in Sydney. Beers are in the fridge. Peanuts are at the ready. Even my better half is up for watching this one UTC
ditto here - loving the 10pm kick off - heading back to the “old dart” in 10 days to catch the Northampton and Port Vale games (thankfully got tickets for both) - not been back to uk for 3 years due to you know what!

Fareham Grecian

Will be watching on iFollow from Edinburgh. Like our Aussie friends, the time difference means it must be nearly beer time…

STURTZ

Was a time when facing John Akinde would be daunting, remember him taking our defence apart whilst playing for Lincoln. Fancy Stubbsy to out muscle him today though.
Bet placed, 5:0 City, Hartridge to score.

David Treharne

It's 12c under a light grey cloud, and mist that is quickly burning off. There's next to no wind, though it's notionally blowing from the S, with occasional drift to SSW. There was a trace of rain in the last 24 hours, but nothing significant. I'd expect it to at least partially sunny by kick-off time, and probably quite sunny through the afternoon. Two other things of note, the UV index has been steadily rising during this week, and it could reach 4, if it's sunny. The other is that there's an incredibly high pollen count (as I know to my own discomfort). There wont be an update before kick off, and following the Club's instructions I'm going to leave early - partly to soak up the atmosphere in Red Square, but also to see what SJP looks like when it's sold out.
I don't think it will be an easy game, partly because the expectations of the City fans are incredibly high, and because Colchester have nothing to lose - they're not in relegation danger, and will probably raise their game.
Finally, I take harmless pleasure in watching those who don't normally come to the games trying to find their seats in the IP stand - its performance art of a high order.

Cowshed Grecian

I would love to see Hartridge net his first goal. Archie and Sweenz are due a goal this season. Sam Stubbs has been a revelation I’m confident of a sound defensive display every time I see his name on the team sheet. It’s not so much his dad he reminds me of, more Tony Adams-strong as an ox
Was a time when facing John Akinde would be daunting, remember him taking our defence apart whilst playing for Lincoln. Fancy Stubbsy to out muscle him today though.
Bet placed, 5:0 City, Hartridge to score.
I would love to see Hartridge net his first goal. Archie and Sweenz are also due a goal this season. Sam Stubbs has been a revelation, I’m confident of a sound defensive display every time I see his name on the team sheet. It’s not so much his dad he reminds me of, more Tony Adams-strong as an ox and commands the defence. Fingers crossed your bet rolls in.

iscalad

Finally, I take harmless pleasure in watching those who don't normally come to the games trying to find their seats in the IP stand - its performance art of a high order.
Always great fun until 5 -10 minutes into the game and the try and push past you as City are on the attack.

Anyway, as Dr Dave says a bit grey and miserable but I'm expecting City to lift the gloom come 3pm. UTC

Max Payne 2

In addition to Grecians in Sydney and Canberra I'll be cracking open a beer and watching from Melbourne. In your Colchester slums...you look in the dustbin for something to eat....