• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Chesterfield Match Day Thread

Rog H K

:) Top of the table team. No home win for a while. Got 4-1 written all over this one. Come on City,make it a good Exemas.

elvis the pig

Feel good about this one.....

COYR!!!!!!!!!

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
2-0 City and a Merry. Christmas begins (rofl)

Grecian_Jay

Must admit this was a tester for the old boycott with it being a Friday night and all but gotta stay strong!

One thing is for sure though, City will win tonight.

David Treharne

Its currently 6c, but there's bright sunshine in an almost cloudless sky. There's hardly any wind, but it's south westerly. In the 24 hours to 10:00 we had 6mm of rain. However, the barometric pressure is dropping, so the weather seems likely to change during the course of the day. Overall, we've had quite a wet week, but the pitch looked in good shape when I walked past yesterday. I'll probably do an update around 13:00 and later this evening.
As a footnote the reason that I started doing this weather report was because my sometime colleague and dedicated City Supporter Jerry lives in Kiribati which has practically no seasonal variation in weather conditions and after 10 years of exile and supporting via Exeweb says he still misses seasonal variations in climate and weather, and likes to be reminded about weather in England. So whilst it obviously pi**es some people off, Jerry, Happy Christmas!

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Its currently 6c, but there's bright sunshine in an almost cloudless sky. There's hardly any wind, but it's south westerly. In the 24 hours to 10:00 we had 6mm of rain. However, the barometric pressure is dropping, so the weather seems likely to change during the course of the day. Overall, we've had quite a wet week, but the pitch looked in good shape when I walked past yesterday. I'll probably do an update around 13:00 and later this evening.
As a footnote the reason that I started doing this weather report was because my sometime colleague and dedicated City Supporter Jerry lives in Kiribati which has practically no seasonal variation in weather conditions and after 10 years of exile and supporting via Exeweb says he still misses seasonal variations in climate and weather, and likes to be reminded about weather in England. So whilst it obviously pi**es some people off, Jerry, Happy Christmas!
BBC weather suggest it will be wet this evening and wind speed will increase to as much as twenty five miles per hour so difficult conditions I would suggest tonight.

Alistair20000

Hard to get the mind in gear for a Friday game but great to have some footie at Sid James Park. Seems like ages.

Very hard to read this one but keeping everything crossed for at least a point and maybe a hard fought 2-1 win.

My sources report that The Cheese will be sporting a tight cut Santa outfit to get into the spirit of things.

UTC

Any Christmas fare on offer tonight ? Seems like a mulled wine night.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Confident about this one. Hopefully the same team that played at Accrington.

C'mon City

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Come On City - Missing this one due to wedding - looking forward to updates during the evening

David Treharne

Confident about this one. Hopefully the same team that played at Accrington.
I have a sneaking suspicion that it will not be the same. I'm convinced that Tom Nichols will be on the bench, and that we might start with Wheeler, and I think that Jake Gosling will be in the mix. It's one of the real pleasures of watching City recently that we never start with the same team as in the previous match. I wonder whether Tis will be sporting some of the new seasons Ted Baker collection.