• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cheltenham Town Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Clocks went back here this weekend, so only 9 hours ahead now......midnight kick off so game on for me :D
The games 6.00am here, which is a bit of a drawback after a full festive Easter Day!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Today's beers in the Real Ale bar:-

• Hanlons Brewery's Yellowhammer 4.2%.
  • Dartmoor Brewery's Best 3.7%.
  • St Austell Brewery's Trelawny 3.8%.
  • Dartmoor Brewery's Jail Ale 4.8%.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Statement from the Club on Facebook

Despite heavy rain in Exeter over the past few days the pitch is holding up and there is not, currently, a pitch inspection planned. We expect today's game with Cheltenham Town FC to go ahead with slightly more favourable weather forecast.

STURTZ

Right I'm going to get the train then, if the games off now someone will pay!!!

Bongo1959

Am going too taking the lovely wife ( her idea )

David Treharne

It's quite horrible out there today. It rained heavily overnight (9mm - sorry Grecian 2k!) and at the moment is doing the best impression of a Dartmoor mist, thin drizzle which is very wetting. It's actually quite mild 10c but the wind is from the SSE which makes it feel colder.100% leaden grey sky with little sign that the cloud base is going to be lifting any time soon. I'm sure the game will be played but the conditions for both playing and spectating will not be quite the Easter treat that we should anticipate. For those with short memories this day last year was 15c with bright spring sunshine - we should be so lucky! Think the surface although playable will cut up badly as the water table in my garden not 400m from SJP is at surface level and the ground unworkable at the moment.
It's also likely to be a tough game given our defensive frailties as shown on Good Friday and the fact that they have a striker with a better record that Stockley's.
I don't anticipate much change in conditions throughout the day - though it may stop raining - and I'll update at 13:00

Last edited:

Red Devon

It's quite horrible out there today. It rained heavily overnight (9mm - sorry Grecian 2k!) and at the moment is doing the best impression of a Dartmoor mist, thin drizzle which is very wetting. It's actually quite mild 10c but the wind is from the SSE which makes it feel colder.100% leaden grey sky with little sign that the cloud base is going to be lifting any time soon. I'm sure the game will be played but the conditions for both playing and spectating will not be quite the Easter treat that we should anticipate. For those with short memories this day last year was 15c with bright spring sunshine - we should be so lucky! Think the surface although playable will cut up badly as the water table in my garden not 400m from SJP is at surface level and the ground unworkable at the moment.
It's also likely to be a tough game given our defensive frailties as shown on Good Friday and the fact that they have a striker with a better record that Stockley's.
I don't anticipate much change in conditions throughout the day - though it may stop raining - and I'll update at 13:00
Good summary...and it feels just like a January day.

Maybe we should relocate the club to Exeter NSW!

KWSGrecian

Clocks went back here this weekend, so only 9 hours ahead now......midnight kick off so game on for me :D
I'm studying abroad in Sydney next year, how hard is it to keep up with the footie given the time difference? Like are you usually up till about 2 if you want to catch a big game?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'd like to see Robbie Simpson start with Jayden Stockley today. I thought they combined well on Friday.

As to the rest of the team, I guess it'll be down to how many we have fit. Expecting to see Archie Collins on the bench.