• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Charlton Athletic Matchday thread.

Ben did really well to even get near to ball but photo inconclusive
That looks pretty conclusive to me and confirms what I thought at the time - a goal.
The ball is in a direct line between the camera and the far post. Given that the photographers sit off the cut surface and tucked in under the advertising hoardings (ie well behind the dead ball line) it suggests the ball is well over the line.
I'm amazed Charlton players didn't make more of it at the time.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
That looks pretty conclusive to me and confirms what I thought at the time - a goal.
The ball is in a direct line between the camera and the far post. Given that the photographers sit off the cut surface and tucked in under the advertising hoardings (ie well behind the dead ball line) it suggests the ball is well over the line.
I'm amazed Charlton players didn't make more of it at the time.
You are a Russian lino and I claim my five quid !

Спасибо

iscalad

TBF I sit parallel to the penalty area line and I, and those around me, thought it was a goal.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was definitely going wide.

JGrecian23

I thought it was over at the time and still do. However, the quality of the clearance deserves it to be no goal. Quality defending!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought it was over at the time and still do. However, the quality of the clearance deserves it to be no goal. Quality defending!
my thoughts exactly

Спасибо
Although the lino was from the former USSR he was in fact a Ukrainian( so I read somewhere (.

Rosencrantz

Although the lino was from the former USSR he was in fact a Ukrainian( so I read somewhere (.
He was Azerbaijani.

He was Azerbaijani.
Thanks for correcting me.