• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bristol Rovers match day thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Deserved a draw, we matched Rovers but they perhaps looked more incisive in attack. We had the chances second half, Cox missed a 1 on 1 and their keeper made a miraculous save from a Cole free kick.

Expect to see a few changes on Tuesday.

Grecian Max

Keeper MOM, Sonny should have scored as should Reece (or popped it across for Sonny). Free kick off the bar. Did enough to get a result there I think. Rovers didn't look better than us, just one of those days
Have a lot of days like this don’t we

Episkyros

I thought their no. 10 had a brilliant debut. Lot’s of their good play came through him.

Was impressed with Aitchison- he’s really come on the past couple of games. Harris is the real deal & made the biggest impact from the bench.

Aside from the referee’s block, their goal came from Harper’s poor clearance… I think a lot of their chances came from individual mistakes. I also thought we took too long to make the substitutions, and clearly don’t know how to play with Eisa yet. Poor lad didn’t have a touch on debut.

I honestly think we were a little bit of quality from winning the game- Cox’s one on one, or numerous times Niskanen had the ball on the wing. I think there were two goals in the side today.

Mid Devon Grecian

That was a horrible game to watch . . .
Back to the slow ponderous passing to no effect across the back line. Rankine and Niskanen not really a threat. Carroll frustrates the hell out of me - no impact.

Red faced

Sweeney was absolute cack today and Niskannen put in one of his performances that makes you question what he offers - he looked way out of his depth. Im sorry but I do not see the whole "sonny cox left as a boy and returned as a man"rubbish. Hes very wasteful and hes lucky to be a striker at a club that literally has had no striker for months....There were a few poor performances today but I did think we deserved a point - we didnt play bad over all..Rovers were bitches when it came to going down and cheating - how the ref gave just minutes is beyond me....his should have been a home win to build our points up for a difficult period coming up

Mid Devon Grecian

I thought their no. 10 had a brilliant debut. Lot’s of their good play came through him.

Was impressed with Aitchison- he’s really come on the past couple of games. Harris is the real deal & made the biggest impact from the bench.

Aside from the referee’s block, their goal came from Harper’s poor clearance… I think a lot of their chances came from individual mistakes. I also thought we took too long to make the substitutions, and clearly don’t know how to play with Eisa yet. Poor lad didn’t have a touch on debut.

I honestly think we were a little bit of quality from winning the game- Cox’s one on one, or numerous times Niskanen had the ball on the wing. I think there were two goals in the side today.
Well it transpired that there weren’t any goals☹

TotnesGrecian

Well it transpired that there weren’t.
Was there number 10 the fella with the bleach blonde hair?

If so, I thought he was very effective

Grecian Max

Sweeney was absolute cack today and Niskannen put in one of his performances that makes you question what he offers - he looked way out of his depth. Im sorry but I do not see the whole "sonny cox left as a boy and returned as a man"rubbish. Hes very wasteful and hes lucky to be a striker at a club that literally has had no striker for months....There were a few poor performances today but I did think we deserved a point - we didnt play bad over all..Rovers were bitches when it came to going down and cheating - how the ref gave just minutes is beyond me....his should have been a home win to build our points up for a difficult period coming up
Sonny has definitely improved since he’s come back and the stats back that up

Wasn’t great today and needed to be subbed earlier but then Eisa looked anonymous too in our set up

We don’t have the shape to provide many decent opportunities

manc grecian

I want Caldwell to do well but I am so so so bored of watching football that is wholly dependent on us scoring first.

We don't have a clue how to break teams down and it's certainly not playing the game at walking speed for 60% of the time.

No plan b. The subs didn't change the shape and Niskanen still stayed on for the full game.

Mid Devon Grecian

Was there number 10 the fella with the bleach blonde hair?

If so, I thought he was very effective
I think the blonde one was 11