• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bolton Wanderers Matchday Thread

NO

Now let me explain POSSESSION FOOTBALL to you

The stats clearly show we don’t need to score goals any more in the modern game

This is how Pep imagined it, the purest form of the worlds sport
No-one can even use the possession excuse today 😭

Simba3011

Our expected deflections must've been low that half

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm assuming the warm applause at the end was from the Bolton fans and the stony silence was from us.

JayPob94

Bolton and Derby are the two teams who are a level above and will both do very well next season in the championship. Anything against either of those teams are bonus points in my eyes.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can't watch this ***** any longer. We're darned miles off anything approaching a football team.

Bolton are good but we're making them look 1970 Brazil. No legs, strength, pace, aggression anywhere in the team.

Our attempts to play little triangles are shit.

Grecian_Matt

Not in favour with GC currently, had a good run of games and fell out with the staff I heard for not maintaining possession....
And that run of games saved him his job till the end of season.
Unfortunately because he was never sacked when he should of been, we will now be playing L2 football next season.

If compensation is a problem don't have a manager for the rest of the season and promote the tea lady..
GC is easily one of the worse managers we ever had.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Overall relieved were only one down... Plenty of time to get ourselves bac into it..

Bolton and Derby are the two teams who are a level above and will both do very well next season in the championship. Anything against either of those teams are bonus points in my eyes.
Theres no excuse with how were playing though. We may aswell be bowing down to them the way we're treating them. Zero threat whatsoever, bottom of the table Carlisle beat these 4-1, they're not impenetrable.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pat Baldwin...." you can't blame the manager!" o_O
Must be Elgin’s crew

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure whether to stay for the second half or boil my head.

Caldwell out.