• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Promotion thread 08/09

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a season! 2nd place finish, many people wrote us off and even today watching Sky Sports, all the talk was about Bury and we went out there and did a job.

Tis is a legend, can't wait to Southampton, Charlton, maybe Norwich and Leeds at SJP next season.

UTC:D

xeon670

Many many years and some real extremes - but that text commentry on here and sky sports just about did me in!

Well done and lets all enjoy it!

Adams sister

WooHoo!! So excited! Well done to the players, the management, the backroom staff, the fans and everyone involved with League 1 club EXETER CITY :). Don't forget you can buy their shirts next season from Tony Pryce Sports, and especially my branch in Tiverton ;-) xx

GrecianGav

What a season! 2nd place finish, many people wrote us off and even today watching Sky Sports, all the talk was about Bury and we went out there and did a job.

Tis is a legend, can't wait to Southampton, Charlton, maybe Norwich and Leeds at SJP next season.

UTC:D
Spot on, Sky didnt give two hoots about us today, It was all about Bury and Dagenham, Well thats two fingers up at them!!

TISDALE IS OUR LEADER!!!

haka

Wem-berlee, Wem-berlee
It's not as beautiful
As Don Valley!

MartinTheJourno

I just want to say guys, damn well done and congratulations. I'm an exiled AFC Wimbledon fan living in Ottery St Mary and Exeter have become my second team ever since the Dons came to visit for that FA Cup match.

I look forward to bringing my young son along to more games at the Park next season. In the meantime, enjoy the glory and congrats again!

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Art start of the season I was going to put £50 on us being third, but the odds were a bit carp.

TF I didn't.

Absolutely amazing, brilliant and fantastic. Tisdale - surely one of the top ten managers in the UK.

And arise Sir Richard, first Plainmoor now today - talk about knowing how to make an impression

That's quite enough rambling incoherence..

tonythegrecian

RIP Paul ' stella ' Reid a true City Supporter.
ECFC THE PRIDE OF DEVON.

Going out now to celebrate big style!!!

Antony Moxey

Oh my sweet Jesus, does it, or can it, ever get any better than this? Last year was only our fourth promotion in our entire history, yet here we are under Tis with two Wembley appearances and two promotions on the trot, finishing up second in the division.

Surely, without any question, this finally quashes any dissenting voices on Paul Tisdale's appointment, and, in my opinion, confirms him to be City's greatest ever manager.

Well done Tis, well done lads, well done those working hard behind the scenes and well done to all of us who've turned up in droves all season. This, truly, is a monumental day.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
The Champagne is chilled and open; already on the 2nd glass

Pride of Devon [ecfc]

When's the parade to the Guildhall [party]