• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Cambridge United FC Matchday thread.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
So many excellent performances midfield so much better both Archie and Jake had excellent games. MJ as usual worked his socks off. So many candidates for MOM although Bowman would certainly not be amongst them. Very subdued did very little of his usual chasing and harassing and missed a golden opportunity to score.

scottus86

That second half was an improvement defensively, we were comfortable throughout the second half and managed the game well. The number of times the ball was flashed across the goal face in the six yard box today should have warranted at least one goal. People often defend Bowman on here, but today he was genuinely poor and shouldn't be a guaranteed starter. I imagine it's Ajose that's put in a transfer request if he isn't being picked as first choice.

What an abundance of wingers we have. Key, Randall, Williams and Sparkes all have different styles and all can change a game.

If Collins and Taylor can keep that tenacity up throughout the season, then my midfield worries after Port Vale may have been premature.

Parkes and McArdle are a decent no nonsense defence, but both are likely to slice a clearance now and again. Proper league 2 defenders.

Ward had a performance that was reminiscent of his early form with us before he broke his arm. If he is back to that standard consistently again, he is definitely our first choice.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
If only we had a striker Cambridge would have been out of sight with some of the crosses we were putting in, will it be the story of the season........again!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
A great win and I feel we can do even better. I don't get all of the negativity around Hannah. I enjoyed her comments and I thought that she summed things well. Far better than some that we've had in recent seasons.
Me neither dare I say it somewhat sexist.....thought she did an excellent job and trust that her involvement will continue and not just be a one off.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Far better than some that we've had in recent seasons.
Such as who ??

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It has.....the best team performance for a while.....playing good football along the ground and the most composed defensive unit for a number of games.....Lewis Ward back to his best a very well deserved clean sheet.
I know it’s the hope that kills you but I’m starting to get just a little bit excited about our chances this season. The first eleven is starting to play well and there are some very good players who can't even get in the team plus lots of youngsters who look more than ready to step in when needed. Cue a demoralising defeat to Southend next week.

scottus86

Only below par performances were from Williams, Bowman and Hannah
A bit unfair on Williams. He had two wayward shots and a wayward cross, but he also put in numerous crosses around 6ft high in front of an open goal mouth for our striker to be stood flat footed behind a centre back.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
If only we had a striker Cambridge would have been out of sight with some of the crosses we were putting in, will it be the story of the season........again!
Probably.Sad isn’t it? ‘For want of a nail ‘ and all that.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
A bit unfair on Williams. He had two wayward shots and a wayward cross, but he also put in numerous crosses around 6ft high in front of an open goal mouth for our striker to be stood flat footed behind a centre back.
Williams is still working his way into full match sharpness. He will come good I am sure. Bowman was off the pace and gas been for a couple of weeks, but he does work hard and I am convinced he too will come good.