• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City are now the only trust-owned Football League club

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I......however at some point in the interests of real growth and progression it will need to (however difficult this might be) hand over to those than can take the Club onwards.
Oh yeah....like York City and Stockport.....of course!

malcolms

At some stage it might be reasonable to ask whether the Trust itself has been totally in its dealings with minor shareholders.

fred binneys head

At some stage it might be reasonable to ask whether the Trust itself has been totally in its dealings with minor shareholders.
Typo there Malcolm - "totally" what?

And enough of the insinuations - what are you trying to say?

hooverathome

Re the smaller shareholders - I'm proud to 'own' our Club, as part of the Trust. I would, however, quite like also to own a token share or two of the Club as an individual. Are many of the smaller shareholders in a similar situation? Might we be shooting ourselves in the foot (at least in publicity terms) if we ride roughshod over them by means of some sort of compulsory purchase? I guess what I'm wondering is whether these shareholders are such a brake on progress?

fred binneys head

Re the smaller shareholders - I'm proud to 'own' our Club, as part of the Trust. I would, however, quite like also to own a token share or two of the Club as an individual. Are many of the smaller shareholders in a similar situation? Might we be shooting ourselves in the foot (at least in publicity terms) if we ride roughshod over them by means of some sort of compulsory purchase? I guess what I'm wondering is whether these shareholders are such a brake on progress?
That's what I was getting at - we need to be clear on what benefit the club would get by the smaller shareholders being removed. What are they stopping us doing at the moment that is worth the cost / aggravation / energy / potential negative publicity (although the way the Trust and Club deal with publicity we can remove the word 'potential' there)?

malcolms

Typo there Malcolm - "totally" what?

And enough of the insinuations - what are you trying to say?
"fair"

Sorry got called away and didn't edit it correctly.

No insinuations, just a question

Last edited:

Thames Valley Red

I suspect many on the list are either passed away or don't even remember to be honest!

fred binneys head

No insinuations, just a question
Cop out I'm afraid, Malcolm. Why is it reasonable to ask if the Trust has itself been fair with the minority shareholders? It isn't just a question, you obviously think the Trust has not been entirely fair and the reasons why might add to the debate so why not divulge them instead of chucking the odd comment in from the sidelines?

malcolms

Cop out I'm afraid, Malcolm. Why is it reasonable to ask if the Trust has itself been fair with the minority shareholders? It isn't just a question, you obviously think the Trust has not been entirely fair and the reasons why might add to the debate so why not divulge them instead of chucking the odd comment in from the sidelines?
I have had some issues in the past with David regarding shareholdings, real or imagined but it is not sensible to rake over those particular coals. I was thinking more specifically about minor shareholders who would not have the resources to match the spending of the Trust but face losing any value their shares may have if an aggressive revaluation is undertaken. In addition, the attitude of the Trust management to those shareholders and the limited involvement they wanted in the club's affairs was in my view unneccessary

Last edited:

Jim Shepherd

Interesting how many comments seem to be from the viewpoint that the Trust can only take the club so far.

What if the club can only go so far, regardless of ownership, and the Trust have got it there? Would interest dissipate as we reached a plateau? Would it then become unsustainable?