• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exe Directory - issues 1 and 10

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hello fellow Grecians

I don't suppose anyone is nurturing an almost complete collection of Exe Directory fanzines? If so, I've found an Issue 1 and Issue 10 (big double issue) both of which were out of stock as back issues, so may just be of use to someone.

if anyone wants either or both in exchange for a couple of quid for the 1931 Fund, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks
Al

PS Issue 1 in particular is astonishingly poor. I guess it was just nice to read fellow fans chuntering on, but really, I can't face reading it all these years on!

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hi Alan

I don't know if they already have them but they might be welcomed by Grecian Archive as part of their evergrowing collection of City related items. They'd be in safe hands for posterity (even issue 1!)

fred binneys head

I’ve got virtually all of them, I might even have issue 1 but would have to check

if I haven’t (and you’re not going to give them to the Grecian archive or similar) then I’ll definitely have them and will give a donation to the 1934 fund

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hey Al

Do you recall a year or two ago they reprised TFI Friday for a one-off show...

How about it? I'd buy a copy!

Tim Long

Hey Al

Do you recall a year or two ago they reprised TFI Friday for a one-off show...

How about it? I'd buy a copy!
When I was editing We'll Score Again someone suggested having a 'what happened next' issue. Re-publish an old article - during the Nineties usually a long rant at how the club was being run - and then write an update on the topics covered in the article.

Oldsmobile-88

When I was editing We'll Score Again someone suggested having a 'what happened next'
Whatever happened to Sexton Blake...😁

Not the exeweb poster btw.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hello fellow Grecians

I don't suppose anyone is nurturing an almost complete collection of Exe Directory fanzines? If so, I've found an Issue 1 and Issue 10 (big double issue) both of which were out of stock as back issues, so may just be of use to someone.

if anyone wants either or both in exchange for a couple of quid for the 1931 Fund, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks
Al

PS Issue 1 in particular is astonishingly poor. I guess it was just nice to read fellow fans chuntering on, but really, I can't face reading it all these years on!
I used to work in an office in Pynes Hill and was told that was where you interviewed Bally. Before my time sadly.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry for lack of replies. Somebody emailed me pretty much straight away so they were sold to the first bidder.

Lovely to hear from Spoonz, Egg, FBH, Tim, Olds and Ronnie again. It's a decade now since I fell off the Exeweb horse. I assume it's nice again now with all the trolly nutjobs on social media?

Just briefly - Tim is an ED legend and we owe him so much for nudging us from school newspaper rubbish to at least attempting some satire. I was a 16-year-old fanzine editor who'd never read Private Eye or a broadsheet newspaper, so boy did we need the help of a (sort of) grown up :)

I'm not sure we'll ever get the band back together again. I thought I did a cracking job on some of my Red or Dead fundraising fanzines back in 2005, and the general "WTF" reaction when I tried to sell em at SJP was quite depressing. I'm.so glad Some Sunny Day took on the mantle (so?) though.

Finally, yeah I worked at Medical Sickness at Pynes Hill for a few of my ED years. I interviewed lovely Bally a few times, and I think he dropped in there for one of our chats. What a top man.

I must admit, I'm a bit 'at odds' with all my ECFC writing in hindsight. Too many late nights and proper, proper graft... Stupid boy / bauy.

Cheers all. And Geddon City.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was meant to be sp? for iffy spelling rather than so? Btw!

Last edited: