• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Amps leading Leeds into second place just one point behind leaders Leicester but also only one point ahead of Ipswich in third place so nothing settled yet.
Though Ipswich have a game in hand so for automatic promotion Leeds need Ipswich to slip up (or Leicester to slip up twice in 3 games) .

Ethan potentially in line to join Ollie Watkins and Matt Grimes in that elite group of outfield players who have started 48/49 Championship league games in a season. Ollie has of course played 48/49 games twice, starting 48 league games in his final season for ECFC, then topping it in his final Brentford season starting all 49 league games, missing only 8 minutes of the season. Will be similar for Ethan if Leeds end up in the play offs.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Obviously from a selfish perspective, We want Leeds to be promoted, but from a personal viewpoint, I would like to see Ipswich and another side whom weren't Premier league to go up via the playoffs, as feel it is a huge shame when sides go down and straight back up.

So Leeds, Ipswich and Another via the playoffs (Not Leicester or Southampton) is the ideal for me.

Avening Posse

Would love to see Amps back in the premiership. Looking at the fixtures I think Ipswich will likely win their remaining 2 games. Leicester may slip up tonight but will still be ahead of Leeds if they do. Hate to say it but I think it’s looking like the play off lottery for Leeds. Hope I’m wrong mind

denzel

Are Leicester under threat of a points deduction? Or is that just if they go back up? #shambles

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Are Leicester under threat of a points deduction? Or is that just if they go back up? #shambles
I think their deduction is a Premier League one so would apply when they're next promoted - equal and opposite to Sheffield United, who assuming they go down this season will start on minus points next season - or their next Championship season if by some miracle they stay up this time.

Alistair20000

You can keep your tongues well away from my cheeks. Thanks all the same.
Oooh I say. :eek:

Look here, good lord, Great Scott, steady on. Really ?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The way Leeds form is stuttering I'm beginning to wonder if they'd rather not go up because they'd owe Chelsea too much for Amps 😁

They're losing 2-0 at QPR tonight.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
The way Leeds form is stuttering I'm beginning to wonder if they'd rather not go up because they'd owe Chelsea too much for Amps 😁

They're losing 2-0 at QPR tonight.
Amps captain but looking like a real shock being on the cards

grecIAN Harris

They'll get a rocket up their arses at half time and turn it around.

Spoonz Red E

Half time team talk.
Amps telling his team about our away games at Orient and Port Vale.