• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
The reality for Amps is that he needs to get out of Chelsea now if he is going to progress his career properly. You only have to look at one of our own players now to see what will happen. Jamal Blackman got stuck in the rut that Amps is in now. We're lucky to have him but he has been quite clear in where he wants/expects to be playing his football next season (one swallow a summer does not make but I think he's quite right in that expectancy based on yesterday) but he is needing game time with us to prove his worth due to his lack of appearances early in his career.

Boyo

How much have earned through the initial transfer and subsequent add-ones, does anyone know? Feels like we doing ok so far.

DawlishBouy

How much have earned through the initial transfer and subsequent add-ones, does anyone know? Feels like we doing ok so far.
The tribunal occured a considerable time after Ampadu had joined Chelsea and they were ordered to immediately pay:
£850,000 initial fee.
£450,000 paid for signing a first pro contract, first 5 first team appearances and obtaining a full international cap.

Add ons:
£250,000 to be paid when reaching 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 first team appearances. Currently on 17 appearances.

Sell on clause:
Chelsea will pay 20% of any profit they make from loan fees or transfer fees.

How much Chelsea have received for his loans is, of course, undisclosed.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Problem with any of this (Though I'm not saying its a bad idea) is you're restricting a company (Club) of their "Trade" You start putting in too many rules and regulations so the bigger clubs can't In their view trade, I can easily see these mega rich clubs going down legal routes and could end up being worse than it is now for the smaller clubs, They have bottemless pits to employ realy good legal teams that i don't think the FA/UEFA/FIFA could compete with.
What's happening with Barcelona at the moment makes for an interesting comparison. La Liga are just about the only league who try to enforce strict financial rules and Barcelona have been told they must sell players before they are allowed to register the new players they've signed this summer.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jury's out on Ampadu. On his career status he looks to have a lot of potential, on what I have seen of him, he looks very average.
Agree. We all want him to do well but from what I've seen he's a lowly premier league/Championship player, he's never getting near Chelsea's side.

Hopefully for our sake he leaves this summer for a fee but I can't imagine it being a particularly big one.

Colesman Ballz

Agree. We all want him to do well but from what I've seen he's a lowly premier league/Championship player, he's never getting near Chelsea's side.

Hopefully for our sake he leaves this summer for a fee but I can't imagine it being a particularly big one.
So every year when he is loaned out for large amounts, do you suggest that we simply return Chelsea's cheque for our 20% ? 😀

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
So every year when he is loaned out for large amounts, do you suggest that we simply return Chelsea's cheque for our 20% ? 😀
Not really sure what you mean?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd expect a transfer fee to give us a much bigger return than 2 or 3 more loan fees, sheer maths dictates this though it depends on the loan fee levels and transfer fee, obviously.

As an illustration say he was transferred for £15M, which is a low fee these days, we would get a lot more from that compared to loan fees of a couple of million each, which I imagine is the max Chelsea will get..

Boyo

I'd expect a transfer fee to give us a much bigger return than 2 or 3 more loan fees, sheer maths dictates this though it depends on the loan fee levels and transfer fee, obviously.

As an illustration say he was transferred for £15M, which is a low fee these days, we would get a lot more from that compared to loan fees of a couple of million each, which I imagine is the max Chelsea will get..
That's true, however to maximise our revenue we want loan fees AND transfer fees. Given he'll be under 24 when his contract is up in two years, he won't be able to leave on a free. I've no doubt that Chelsea will do whatever they perceive to generate the highest revenue for them, which of course is good news for us.

Colesman Ballz

Until such time as any transfer takes place, I am happy that we receive our slice from the loans. With the World Cup coming up, good performances for Wales, (not least against England) could see his value increase.