• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I mean... it’s gone quite well for other academy stars hasn’t it?! That scenario is entirely possible 😂 he’s a top player but Chelsea aren’t going to play him
Never count your chickens before they've hatched.

tonykellowfan

Ampadu is still only 20. There is plenty of time for him.

Pobbop

Is he the first Exeter academy player to play at a Euros or World Cup. They weren't around in Bastin's time.

still annoyed that I watched Moore on trial a number of times in a City Shirt, and we chose to let him go, but nevermind...

IndoMike

LOG

I watched a docu-film called Don’t Take Me Home the other day which covers Wales’ qualification for and progress in the 2016 Euros and there’s a scene when they’re having a team photo which features Ethan.

From memory he didn't make the final squad but it was crazy to think this was five years ago and that he’s still only 20.

Colesman Ballz

I watched a docu-film called Don’t Take Me Home the other day which covers Wales’ qualification for and progress in the 2016 Euros and there’s a scene when they’re having a team photo which features Ethan.

From memory he didn't make the final squad but it was crazy to think this was five years ago and that he’s still only 20.
He was unable to take part as he was sitting his GCSE exams, although he was certainly part of the squad in the build up.

LOG

He was unable to take part as he was sitting his GCSE exams, although he was certainly part of the squad in the build up.
Ah, makes sense. Not many players could use that as a reason to not play at an international tournament!

andrew p long

I'm open to correction on this, but wasn't he still in Year 10 in July 2016? He was only 15. He was pictured with the full Walessquad , but only for familiarisation purposes, because he was just 15 and hadn't yet even made his City debut v Brentford.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm open to correction on this, but wasn't he still in Year 10 in July 2016? He was only 15. He was pictured with the full Walessquad , but only for familiarisation purposes, because he was just 15 and hadn't yet even made his City debut v Brentford.
I make you correct. As I recall, Ethan was part of the Welsh contingent that travelled to the Euros, but he was nowhere near being in the squad. Rather, the Welsh were seeking to convince him that his international future lay with them.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, he was unable to play in the 2016-17 play-offs semis because they clashed with his GCSE's. I know I should probably have moved on by now but I still occasionally wonder about what might have been if Tisdale had been brave enough to pick him for the final.