• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Efl TV highlights deal

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thinking last night this might be that it might well go along the lines of.

BBC secure highlights and online highlights/ clips
ITV secure 2 live matches per round, 1 semi final and the final live.

The BBC would make a huge saving and ITV would be able to retain some live football

Still think the FA Have done a wrong un though by selling the rights to TNT

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
On a side note, the EFL Highlights pack with ITV Ends at the end of the season. Wonder whom will bid for them this time round.

I had personally hoped a FTA Outlet would do a sublicensing deal with Sky for some live matches similar to the BBC Deal (I think that was 10 championship matches alongside 3 League cup matches consisting of 2 semi finals and the final).

Could a mod maybe change the name of this thread to a general tv rights name (Sports tv rights or something similar) please.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
On a side note, the EFL Highlights pack with ITV Ends at the end of the season. Wonder whom will bid for them this time round.

I had personally hoped a FTA Outlet would do a sublicensing deal with Sky for some live matches similar to the BBC Deal (I think that was 10 championship matches alongside 3 League cup matches consisting of 2 semi finals and the final).

Could a mod maybe change the name of this thread to a general tv rights name (Sports tv rights or something similar) please.
There is a general sports thread in g'day sport. You could start one in there.