• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Trophy vs Chelsea U21 - build up

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definitely. I wasn't being preachy about it (as I said, plenty of other stuff I do like the Sky Sports subscription that would make it a bit hypocritical), and accept I'm a probably an outlier! I'm also anti betting sponsorship (despite having the odd flutter).
I did not think for a second that you were being preachy Mr Chimes..

Yes,I have the occasional football flutter on a Saturday,I was thinking more of the wholesale shirts sponsorship.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are the Club providing any coverage of any sort ?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lee

Caprice, sweeney, dyer, grounds, Rowe

Edwards kite dodd

Seymour, noombe

cox, Arthur, diabete, Hanson, atangana, Johnson, pond

what is the ruling about first team players needed in the squad?
After completing back-to-back league games for the first time I'd have thought that Harry Kite might have earned the right to rest but maybe he's feeling so good at the moment he just wants to play as much as possible.

andrew p long

After completing back-to-back league games for the first time I'd have thought that Harry Kite might have earned the right to rest but maybe he's feeling so good at the moment he just wants to play as much as possible.
Yes, the odds are that Kite will need to play another full 95 minutes on Saturday which, if plays tomorrow too would make 4 full 95 minute games in eleven days. Best not to risk him tomorrow in my view. If our out on loan players are eligible then a serious case for Jack Veale in there.

Grecian Max

Re: going/not going obviously each to their own, however it proves that the powerful clubs can essentially do what they like and eventually will get introduced to the league system as B teams like in Germany and Spain. They now know there will be initial kick back before people get used to it and look on the “bright side”.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Are the Club providing any coverage of any sort ?
There's a live stream being offered on the Club's website for a tenner.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a live stream being offered on the Club's website for a tenner.
Hants thanks for the info.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The last time we met in 2017, the attendance was 1295 with 95 away fans. No idea if the away end is open for Chelsea supporters. The previous season they had 262 there.

andrew p long

Re: going/not going obviously each to their own, however it proves that the powerful clubs can essentially do what they like and eventually will get introduced to the league system as B teams like in Germany and Spain. They now know there will be initial kick back before people get used to it and look on the “bright side”.
Agreed . The danger is the Trojan horse that is B team involvement.

The one improvement was the (big) watering down of the player eligibility for clubs like us. The only requirement of four players can be met by 4 players with 40+ league starts. So last season Caprice Fisher Ajose + one returning from injury (Atangana,McArdle,Parkes etc) meant that we could put out an entirely different eleven for these games from the team that plays the previous game in League Two.

It would be good if the EFL teams were now more appropriately named - with the City team then honestly re-named as Exeter City Fringe/Reserve/Youth/returning from injury XI. But that honesty would puncture the long term B teams in League Two ambition.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Indeed. It's a bit like self service tills. Many moaned about their introduction and some boycotted them, mindful that it was a way of reducing paid staff, now millions use them every day without a second thought.