• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Trophy 2021/22 (Pizza tournament)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So no longer regional?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
So if we beat Portsmouth on 7th (tomorrow), Cambridge on 11th we have another midweek away trip to Rotherham on (presumably) 25th?

Is Seymour starting tomorrow?

Attachments

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Suddenly this competition seems a tad irrelevant can we ask Bradford to take our place :)

Grecian_in_Plymouth

this is only good if we get to Rotherham , as nip down the road for me

Maxi08

Suddenly this competition seems a tad irrelevant can we ask Bradford to take our place :)
Prize moneys not to be sniffed at , might be able to afford another striker if we progressed. In the region of £260,000 if we go all the way 🤔

paperclip

Prize moneys not to be sniffed at , might be able to afford another striker if we progressed. In the region of £260,000 if we go all the way 🤔
I'm not sure the general argument of the prize money being good holds as much water as some people make out to be honest. All the extra games we would have to play (plus the additional travelling) would certainly impact on league form and therefore our chances of achieving promotion.

Yes another £260k would be nice, but it's not like the club is in dire need of the money at the present time. I would be equally happy if we lose on Friday and concentrate on climbing the L2 table.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
If as we all know is one heck of a big word. Never thought I would say this for any City game (70 years plus supporting City) but this is one game I want to see us lose.

Cambridge away on the 11th a game we can well do without and being realistic anyone who thinks we are going to beat Rotherham away, who are currently sitting top of League One, is really living in “cloud cuckoo land”.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
So, since winning the group we have been drawn to league one sides, and where its been a free draw, we have been drawn away every time.
Starting to think this is personal...
One thing for sure Lady Luck has well and truly turned her back on us at present.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure the general argument of the prize money being good holds as much water as some people make out to be honest. All the extra games we would have to play (plus the additional travelling) would certainly impact on league form and therefore our chances of achieving promotion.

Yes another £260k would be nice, but it's not like the club is in dire need of the money at the present time. I would be equally happy if we lose on Friday and concentrate on climbing the L2 table.
Sorry but that is just plain crazy, to suggest that the Club should "turn it's nose up" on the quarter of a million quid on offer ! It would be a substantial help in achieving our goals !