• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2018

Gordon Dale

Following my previous posts, regarding the contentious JMT release clause, I sought independent advice .The opinion is that such a clause not only introduces the potential for a conflict of interests but, in the worse case scenario, could be construed as an inducement to fail. I therefore cannot accept that such a situation is right.

Following a meeting with an ECFC director and two letters addressed directly to the chairman / executive director football , I regret to advise that the club have not acceded to my sole request to issue a definitive statement that '(1) No player currently under contract with the club has been granted a similar clause and (2) the club will never again permit such a clause to be incorporated in any future player's contract for any reason.' Life has taught me that their are consequences to difficult decisions Disappointingly , and particularly in view of the apparent unhealthy mistrust generated on this BB as well as amongst other supporters known to me, there is now little choice but for this matter to proceed to be duly considered outside of the club's domain.

Following my previous posts, regarding the contentious JMT release clause, I sought independent advice .The opinion is that such a clause not only introduces the potential for a conflict of interests but, in the worse case scenario, could be construed as an inducement to fail. I therefore cannot accept that such a situation is right.

Following a meeting with an ECFC director and two letters addressed directly to the chairman / executive director football , I regret to advise that the club have not acceded to my sole request to issue a definitive statement that '(1) No player currently under contract with the club has been granted a similar clause and (2) the club will never again permit such a clause to be incorporated in any future player's contract for any reason.' Life has taught me that their are consequences to difficult decisions Disappointingly , and particularly in view of the apparent unhealthy mistrust generated on this BB as well as amongst other supporters known to me, there is now little choice but for this matter to proceed to be duly considered outside of the club's domain.
So- in plain English- are you going to run this by the press initially or threaten to do so to see if the Club responds before getting lawyers involved ??

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

GD I have a good friend who is a barrister and has given me a similar opinion and agree with you regarding non acceptance of the situation.

A very disappointing response we own our football club that’s a laugh. This does not come under the official secrets act where if such information were in the Public Domain it could harm the Club in its commercial dealings and leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Certainly a good move for Smallcombe. Regular football, at a decent standard, after an injury hit season last year, should be of great value with regard to him, ultimately, progressing towards the first team squad.
Hartridge played for Truro last season & I'd hoped he may have been ready to force his way into the squad. However, with Deanno, Woodman & Croll as left sided defenders, I guess MT decided he wasn't going to make it this year & therefore loaning him out makes good sense.
Agree with this analysis. As to AH will be interesting to see the length of loan/recall clause. With Woody now 35 (?) I would expect Hartridge to move ahead of him in the pecking order soon. Loan to January maximum?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with this analysis. As to AH will be interesting to see the length of loan/recall clause. With Woody now 35 (?) I would expect Hartridge to move ahead of him in the pecking order soon. Loan to January maximum?
Is Hartridge a left back? Thought he was a centre back for some reason

LOG

That's Some Sunny Day sponsored, Alex Hartridge to give him his full title :)

Last edited:

Gordon Dale

Sexton Blake : Thank you for your posting. The current situation saddens me . In the final analysis it will be for others to judge as to the reasonableness or otherwise of the contentious clause . As for me I consider that I have acted reasonably throughout . The key question that will now come into the equation is have those responsible for such a contract acted in a reasonable manner.

shoot-on-sight : As a long term supporter , Trust Member and season ticket holder , I consider my posts on this BB and correspondence with the club to have been both reasonable and in plain English.

andrew p long

Is Hartridge a left back? Thought he was a centre back for some reason
He is a useful chap that can play either. he played CB in the friendly at Truro last week, but left back for them last season. In our U23s early last season he played LB, but when it became a side of kids he switched to CB. One to watch.

Last edited:
Sexton Blake : Thank you for your posting. The current situation saddens me . In the final analysis it will be for others to judge as to the reasonableness or otherwise of the contentious clause . As for me I consider that I have acted reasonably throughout . The key question that will now come into the equation is have those responsible for such a contract acted in a reasonable manner.

shoot-on-sight : As a long term supporter , Trust Member and season ticket holder , I consider my posts on this BB and correspondence with the club to have been both reasonable and in plain English.
With the greatest of respect I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to elucidate from you which was "are you able to let us know what the next steps are likely to be in order to get more of a response from the club?" I do accept that the use of the words "in plain English" could have been misconstrued-easy to do when so much of this site is dominated by wind-up merchants!
You can check my (limited) number of responses on this site over the past few years since I retired here and started supporting the City but I can guarantee that nowhere will you find anything that hints at any attempt to cause mischief with fellow supporters or any attempt to wind people up.
I am as concerned as others about the JMT issue and wish you all the best in your attempts to get closer to the truth.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He is a useful chap that can play either. he played CB in the friendly at Truro last week, but left back for them last season. In our U23s early last season he played LB, but when it became a side of kids he switched to CB. One to watch.
Definitely useful to have a versatile left sided defender. Hope he kicks on.